Which builds are the best for ranger to play in pvp this season?
Although Boonbeast will be your best bet overall, there are two other builds not listed in metabattle that are strong in certain counter situations.
* Wilderness - bottom bottom middle
* Beastmaster - bottom middle top
* Soulbeast - (mid or bot) top bottom
* LB Energy & Separation, GS Energy & Intelligence
* Berserker & Scholar
* 6 Bear Stance, 7 Moa Stance, 8 Quick Zephyr, 9 Sic Em, 0 Strength of Pack
* Pet 1 Demands use of Rock Gazelle for F2 mobility with CC and WI on the same pet. Pet 2 can be whatever you want, suggest Smokescale for F2 stealthing.
* Metabattle has something like this listed called "The Sic'Em Sniper" which is a bad version of the above listed build, for various reasons. The biggest reason is the idea that you don't play a DPS build like this or Sic'Em Sniper in a normal match, you only want to run it in a counter situation such as: "Lots of necros In the match and other things that are easy pot shots that can't chase you so well", you shouldn't be playing a build like this in any match that has multiple things teleporting on top of your head like Heralds, Core Guards, Thieves, Mesmers, because it doesn't have enough access to frequent small stealths to adequately disengage such an onslaught. So the idea that Sic'Em Sniper suggests Signet of Stone as a defensive mechanism is pointless because a glass cannon DPS spec like this cannot burst heal itself to full during that 3s invuln, so all it is doing is buying the Ranger 3s before something inevitably downs it anyway. The better thing to do is to enhance the kill power and mobility to the furthest extent possible and play this build as a decap + build, similar to a traditional thief role, and only play it in matches where it is advantageous. But if you do catch a match where this spec is advantageous to play, it greatly outshines Boonbeast in terms of ability to 1v1 kill its counters on a node and/or gut FBs and other tanky slow things right out of a team fight in a hurry. It also wins cleave vs. revive battles due to the god awful enormous AoE DPS output from Maul > Hilt Bash > Maul > Worldy Impact, with high quickness uptime and unblockable attacks.
A Comprehensive Tutorial For Guild Wars 2 Spvp Conquest
My GW2 YouTube Channel
Boonbeast is the most popular. I have gone against trappers and conditions, but they typically get killed really quickly. I run a Power/Cleanse build using jacaranda as a buff and that works well because it cleanses conditions and heals both you and your team. LB/GS and Eternal Bond as a safety backup in case someone like a mesmer burns through your abilities. Works for me and I am able to take down these boonbeasts pretty easily.