Should Acidic Elixir make a return ?

Naxos.2503

Acidic Elixir used to be a trait that would turn Elixir toss into a small area damage explosion. It was retired when the new trait system was put in place. Seeing as Explosions are an engineer only mechanic, perhaps it could be interesting for builds to have it available ?

The explosion would remain light, so as to make clear it's not supposed to be a main damage utility.Alternatively, Elixirs toss could be given a more offensive outcome, with CC/Condi damage instead of an explosion.

I think that it should return thematically with a new elite spec.We have an elite spec to showcase the mechanical parts of the engineer (scrapper) and one for the cyberpunk thematics (holosmith).

What we are missing is an elite spec representing the chemical side of engineering and I would like a new Canthan elite spec focused around acids, gases, and other deadly chemical weapons. The playstyle would give us more tools to remove boons from the enemy, which is something that the Acidic Elixirs did in the past. Giving us new acid skills to remove boons would be great.

@Kodama.6453 said:I think that it should return thematically with a new elite spec.We have an elite spec to showcase the mechanical parts of the engineer (scrapper) and one for the cyberpunk thematics (holosmith).

What we are missing is an elite spec representing the chemical side of engineering and I would like a new Canthan elite spec focused around acids, gases, and other deadly chemical weapons. The playstyle would give us more tools to remove boons from the enemy, which is something that the Acidic Elixirs did in the past. Giving us new acid skills to remove boons would be great.

That is quite true, I agree with the sentiment. I Always found the chemical element lacking with Engineer, it does have a few skills here and there that does poison, but Nothing in the trait line actually benefit it all that much, aside from broad condi traits

There was once a trait to remove one boon on elixir-toss. now with the boon creep, 2 boons would also still not be overpowered.Maybe as part of HGH or instead of protection-injection?

I think boon removal is something the engineer lacks. But perhaps a rework of "throw mine" should be used for that.CD and effect is nice, but the damage is underwhelming (also targeting of minefield), so it is uninteresting for PvE. In PvP it's funny against thiefs, but aside from the knockback, they don't really get any penalty.In WvW it's funny to throw people off bridges, but in a group fight, the utility is neglectable and for heal-scrapper and dmg-holos as well as conversion-holos, other skills are much more important. elixirs are neglected for similar reasons, but elixir-U is at least sometimes taken... though, I doubt new builds will emerge just because elixirs take one boon away...

I would like to keep trait lines mostly pure. elixirs are a core-skill, so a core trait should be used for buffing them.A new elite centered around chemicals should introduce a new group of skills and it's traits should synergize with elixirs.But elixirs should stay core skills in my opinion.

@"Dediggefedde.4961" said:There was once a trait to remove one boon on elixir-toss. now with the boon creep, 2 boons would also still not be overpowered.Maybe as part of HGH or instead of protection-injection?

I think boon removal is something the engineer lacks. But perhaps a rework of "throw mine" should be used for that.CD and effect is nice, but the damage is underwhelming (also targeting of minefield), so it is uninteresting for PvE. In PvP it's funny against thiefs, but aside from the knockback, they don't really get any penalty.In WvW it's funny to throw people off bridges, but in a group fight, the utility is neglectable and for heal-scrapper and dmg-holos as well as conversion-holos, other skills are much more important. elixirs are neglected for similar reasons, but elixir-U is at least sometimes taken... though, I doubt new builds will emerge just because elixirs take one boon away...

I would like to keep trait lines mostly pure. elixirs are a core-skill, so a core trait should be used for buffing them.A new elite centered around chemicals should introduce a new group of skills and it's traits should synergize with elixirs.But elixirs should stay core skills in my opinion.

To clarify, yes, core skills should get enhanced through core specs and I actually didn't mean to bring Acidic Elixirs back in that way.I meant it solely thematically.

The trait was called "Acidic Elixirs" and did damage, while removing boons. I want to grasp that thematic niche, since we lost alot of the acid thematic with reworks (no more Acid Coat that was blinding enemies hitting us, no more boon removal through elixirs) and bring it back as a new skill set.I imagine something with the same mechanic like the Venoms from the thief, an offensive group buff. They could be called Venoms (using chemical poisons for this matter) or Acids and can get traited to remove a boon every time an enemy gets hit by an ally with that buff on him.

Archived