Meta herald pvp rotation

Temper.2190

I'm a gold pvper, and am trying to get better at herald in ranked queues. I feel like mechanically I'm getting somewhere-I can burst people reasonably well, and I can use the active defenses that the meta shiro herald has to the point where I don't die immediate when focused.

However, I'm a bit clueless about how I should rotate. Most of the time in ranked queues it seems I should go mid first. After that I'm not sure how to prioritize team fights vs roaming to try to plus 1v1s, etc. If there's a deadeye on the other team, I often feel like I should focus on it as much as possible, since they can rarely get away. In team fights, I feel like I can have a solid impact, but I often feel like I have to stay on the fringes, dipping in to hit a target, doing a bunch of damage, but I don't have a lot of staying power. I feel fairly comfortable in 1v1s against warriors, reapers, and guardians, but struggle against condi mesmers and soulbeasts, so 1v1s are a mixed bag, since the latter two are so common.

So, how do good revs rotate? What should my priority be? Should I rotate and plus fights? Keep dancing on the edge of team fights? Git gud and live in the middle of hot fights? Or something else entirely?

Thanks in advance!

I have been getting more and more into rev as well lately.Personally I think im having more success when prioritizing teamfights over +1s....not saying that you shouldn't +1.

Rev and thief are very similar in regards to their tempo-control of a match, while Thief is a better +1 and Rev a better teamfighter.Meta-Heralds can delete guardians and necros rather quickly, which makes them overall better for teamfights / skirmishes. Thief still has better mobility.

But momentum wise, its always better to win teamfights imo, simply because you put more people on respawn.After winning a bigger fight is usually the time to look for +1s imo.

Revs insanely high dps is really good for teamfights. The way I've been playing it is prioritize teamfights since that's where your damage will be most helpful (bursting and cleaving) however it is a bit of a dip in and out game to avoid focus. After teamfights I prioritize +1 since 1v1s are generally left to other better suited 1v1 specs (Yes rev can 1v1 and I do it quite a bit, but you shouldn't focus on taking 1v1s since rev is not really a 1v1 spec). 1v1 I'll try to make a last resort or something I do to increase a snowball already happening if I know I can win the fight. I'm no expert on rev or rotation though so there may be better answers out there.

Archived