[NA][PVX][GOAT][YB]: BaaaaAAAAHHaaaa — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[NA][PVX][GOAT][YB]: BaaaaAAAAHHaaaa

Fatherbliss.4701Fatherbliss.4701 Member ✭✭✭
edited August 9, 2019 in Looking For Guild

Herein we tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Pants definitely excluded.
Ever search through guild ads wondering if they are all just selling the same thing? Wondering where to get your eyebrows waxed at a low weekly rate? Pondering what you might have missed after all this time, meandering through DR by yourself? If you are finding yourself nodding along already I’ve got a guild for you to join. We are a strange collection of talent picking up lost souls from across the internet. Stitching ourselves together creating a doom guard of magnificent proportions. Some have said that we have saved their lives. Others have cursed us with the forbidden knowledge tattooed across our tongues. Either way. Come for the siren call. Stay for the bountiful harvest in the hall.

I’ll take Community Building for $500 Anet
The GOATs were founded a number of years ago by yours truly as I wanted to gather my friends together under one banner. We’ve taken many various turns over the years. Recently I stepped down from active guild leadership. So I present to you a rare chance to not only join an active thriving gaming community but also to guide where we go next.

This game is aging. Many theories abound about where GW2 will wind up in the next few years. One thing is for certain – a lot of us still enjoy this game and want to band together singing tavern songs in the key of BAAAA forever. Come along with us. Seek out a guild. Find a community. Bring yourself into our community. We do a lot more together than just play GW2. Our current selection of games includes Warframe, WoW, ESO, D3 and many more. Got something you’d like us to check out with you? Suggest it!

Do you hear the road in your blood? The sound of darkness in your veins…
Our sources of power are derived from many avenues of juicy agony. Nightly the guild gathers out among the borderlands scouring the land for those who would stand against us. We draw little tiny droplets of deliciousness from our foes! Sometimes even inviting them over for dinner. In a freshly captured garrison or perhaps a guild banner saved from utter pointlessness until we came by. The GOATs employ charr cars and dragon banners judiciously by applying both to get us to our most sacred location: that tiny boat in bay. If you guessed we are mainly a WvW guild…you would be correct! However, don’t judge us based on that. Judge us based on the quality of the St. Andrew’s cross in the nether regions of the guild hall. We are sassy. Insane. Slightly moist. And always, always without pants…

Requirements and Information
We use Discord as our main communication tool (Voice and Text)
All players welcome regardless of background, class or experience
All members should be 18+ or understand that this is a mature environment
We have a Dad Joke channel. Righteous.
Enjoy our musical tastes that include Lady Gaga, Slayer and James Taylor
Our age range skews towards slightly human

We offer to you
Free love once you pass the inspection phase
Unique ability to sing while playing the Glockenspiel
People with crappy sleep schedules that are still playing at midnight
Established guild with over 250+ members many of whom are on a multitude of servers
We are on Yak's Bend for WvW purposes (don't worry about that for PVE)
WvW raid nights 5x per week. We combine efforts with other guilds in order to provide a better experience and also to prevent burnout among our commanders
Long term veteran PVP players who are willing to not be unruly jerks and yet still win fights
Guild members who understand that we are all busy individuals and still want to enjoy having a great time together in a competitive game mode
Organized chaos that leaves a sweet taste of honey and necromancy on the lips. It tends to give off a strange odor but will also numb you to the pain of balance issues

What you bring to the table
Your axe and a sweet beard. Or bread. Not the body spray though.
Hilarity and awful jokes
Whatever class you wish!
Goals in life or a dream of NO CAPES
Some amazing fashion choices

Rules
Harassment of other members will not be tolerated.
This is an inclusive guild (I'm a family man myself and I identify as part of the LGBTQIA community.)
Please be active! This includes either text based chat or voice.
If you want something specific done in game be willing to lead it yourself.
Enjoy yourself.

If you wish to lead your own events, you are more than welcome to! Give an officer the date you'd like to lead something and we'll throw it on the schedule!

Contact
In game: Fatherbliss.4701, Araphelbliss.4016
In Discord: Fatherbliss#2680
Join our Discord to listen in to our prophetic whispers, check us out or at least give us a strongly worded warning about the return of John Wick. https://discord.gg/HpyKaMh

Guild leader for Goats of Thunder. No pants allowed.

Comments

• If you're hearing a whole bunch of "Baaaa" in the /say chat. You're in the right place, THE GOAT PLACE!

• Really the best way I've found to get to know people is to slowly move up against them and whisper "precursor" in a low sultry voice.

This guild gets precisely 0.000000009% more loot than any other in the game still playing. Its amazing!

• Alice Cooper is the greatest commander on the field of all time.

I’m not sure which field. But I know this to be true.

• We have a community that showers together. Its only weird when someone starts singing that Rebecca Black song. Those folks have to bring beverages back for the rest of us.

• The best way to find us is look for the people screaming across the maps, telling incredibly bad puns and then we have that one guy who always does dad jokes. They are temporarily funny until you realize it took a chunk of your soul. I'm so sorry.

• You do know that a Yak when viewed from afar looks suspiciously like a Pink Panther right?

• Now featuring litter boxes in the hope that we can lure forth the great and dreaded mount of WvW. No one has seen it yet. Could be a yeti. Probably isn't a cat bus. Who knows!

• Good day!
    I may be interested in learning more and applying to join. I've been a part of a guild on Fort Aspenwood since launch, which was mostly a tight group of friends. Most of them have moved on to other games, with little interest of coming back. It has left the old guild feeling fairly stagnant, and now myself and another guild-mate are looking for a new guild to keep us interested, try new things, meet new people, etc. That is all!

• @Tyrant.2306 said:
    Good day!
    I may be interested in learning more and applying to join. I've been a part of a guild on Fort Aspenwood since launch, which was mostly a tight group of friends. Most of them have moved on to other games, with little interest of coming back. It has left the old guild feeling fairly stagnant, and now myself and another guild-mate are looking for a new guild to keep us interested, try new things, meet new people, etc. That is all!

Hello Tyrant! I can certainly understand where you are coming from there. I've known a number of excellent guilds (some of which I'm in) that have left for one reason or another. We are pretty tight knit community with GW2 still being our main focus. This is a WvW guild that is now expanding into PVE in order try out all the content in the game. You both can certainly join the discord, get a feel for our level of shenanigans and see if we are a fit. :)

• Fatherbliss.4701Fatherbliss.4701 Member ✭✭✭

The best way to defeat any foe is to get under their skin.

Which is why we wear all of this fabulous fashion darling. The end gams is glamour. When we do a little turn on the catwalk you’ll know that it’s on. Except we are dirty goats at heart.

Sometimes the best methods are those that leave you breathless, wearing only that strange leather harness and crying out for more. Gold. Obviously I'm talking about gold.

Cha cha one time. Sliiiiiiiide to my right. Sliiiiiiide to the guild. Shuffle forward one time.

• Is this guild available to join if I'm in Maguuma?

@Cactus Bomb.4185 said:
    Is this guild available to join if I'm in Maguuma?

Of course! Assuming you want to come hang out and do some PVE. :) Though I am collecting interested folks for alliances also.

• Absolutely!! PvE is my favorite!

Sure thing Cactus! Let me send you one when I get back on in a bit. Or if you follow the discord link here and ask someone can get you in

Once we formed into a giant herd and stormed the bastille of Lion's Arch looking for chips. Sadly we only found avocados and some strange people wearing flannel. It was upon that day that the Church was formed to join this important movement!

I'm sitting here waiting for my thai food delivery which means its a lovely time to placate the masses to join the guild. We have free range thieves, some mild taco sauce and extra creamy verde for those in the back. Not for the faint of heart. Please look for me in fine dining establishments all over the world.

Perhaps a wizened wizard crept up to you one day and shaved a strange and archaic symbol into your nether regions. If this is so you've likely not only met me but its important that you pay your back rent.

And the front rent.

• Dana.9863Dana.9863 Member ✭✭

Hi there. I was interested in joining your guild. My discord is Achilles#7110. I will be out for part of the day, I sent you a message in guild wars. I hope to hear back from you soon.

@Dana.9863 said:
    Hi there. I was interested in joining your guild. My discord is Achilles#7110. I will be out for part of the day, I sent you a message in guild wars. I hope to hear back from you soon.

Aha! That was you. :) Excellent. I'd be glad to have you along on our glorious adventures. I'll flip you an invite in game.

• ........This seems like the Guild I have been waiting for. Also, a bearded leader like yourself. An invite would be much appreciated.

@Icingdeath.1325 said:
    ........This seems like the Guild I have been waiting for. Also, a bearded leader like yourself. An invite would be much appreciated.

I knew you would come to this place, time and stance. Membership approved!

One time I drove an entire team of albino charr right into the maw of a giant elder dragon lair. Turned out I just had really bad undead chicken that night by mistake.

New to raiding? Want to try it out with a group who is reasonably good looking and also not enormous bags of guacamole? Try us today for freeeeee! Limited time offer which may not be available in your area. Certain restrictions do apply. Do not feed after midnight.

This week the guild held a beach party in Lion's Arch as a means to show other people we are not to be taken seriously. I'm actually not sure that anyone took us seriously before. We solved that issue with some avocado toast and marmite.

Official raids are Saturday nights with training runs during the week. Come on down and spin the wheeeel of death!

• I haven't had such mirth-filled reading in a long while. One hard part is deciding where to draw the line with double entendres, but I'd like to explore that area (and flagrantly leap over such a line), if you'd have me.

@CyberStormAlpha.9285 said:
    I haven't had such mirth-filled reading in a long while. One hard part is deciding where to draw the line with double entendres, but I'd like to explore that area (and flagrantly leap over such a line), if you'd have me.

Of course! You are most welcome to partake in what we have to offer...

Just so you know...bacon

It appears that once again the underpants gnomes have struck solid gold. Which is really just a finely tuned euphemism for "sasquatch ate my dingo."

• Vayne.8563Vayne.8563 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm not actually looking for a guild, but I had to stop by and say, this is one of the most entertaining guild recruitment posts I've ever read. Top job.

@Vayne.8563 said:
    I'm not actually looking for a guild, but I had to stop by and say, this is one of the most entertaining guild recruitment posts I've ever read. Top job.

Thank you! I take great pride in my work. :)

• Hi what server are you guys calling home?

@hockeymom.6419 said:
    Hi what server are you guys calling home?

We are on the mighty Yaks Bend! Course only matters in terms of war.

• Exactly what I was looking for! In-game message sent!

@KateoftheRealm.3569 said:
    Exactly what I was looking for! In-game message sent!

I’m out of town and will be back tonight!

I've always found the best manner of personal expression is through song. Which is why once a week we communicate almost entirely through magic, the Lord of the Dance and whatever I can find at Axeman. Really. You need to go.

Verily did the herd wander to and fro looking for the afro. Which we all know is a circus down by the river that serves cheese, wine and other pastries. Won't you join us?

• Raf.1078Raf.1078 Member

Hmmm...wth...thought this was the rest....uh, restaurant....yeah.

Just stoppin by. Howdy DaddyB :)

@Raf.1078 said:
    Hmmm...wth...thought this was the rest....uh, restaurant....yeah.

Just stoppin by. Howdy DaddyB :)

Raf! One of our many satisfied customers. Generally we feed you dessert after midnight and then you multiply. Simply astounding!

If you've ever wondered why your navel academy has both an innie and an outie door please allow me to tell you there is no correlation at all. Maybe some causation. But that's it.

No one quite expects the Goat statistician.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.