List out the iconic boons/conditions/CCs/combos of the classes

Cerioth.7062

You know how all the classes tend to have some heavy emphasis in generating a lot of specific boons and conditions, but not so much others? Let's list out what boons/condis/CCs and other things like combo fields/finishers each class gives the most and the least.

For example guardians have a lot of access to aegis and retaliation.

I started a sheet, but I don't have the time to finish it - at-least all at once.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nefYLjpjPrrBoaTkN--Y2paL3kr9fNwWhp9CtsI5iIU/edit?usp=sharing

Basically, just add a "1" if the profession/spec can do the ability.

If this gets finished, I'll make a nice pie chart for it and post it up.

I also started on figuring out how many power, condi, hybrid, and healing builds each spec has judging from metabattle (and maybe I'll add in other meta sites) in order to really see the META make-up for PvE, Raids, WvWvW, and sPvP between the different stat types/builds. So far, there are more power builds than any other. But we'll see!

@"Aplethoraof.2643" said:I started a sheet, but I don't have the time to finish it - at-least all at once.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nefYLjpjPrrBoaTkN--Y2paL3kr9fNwWhp9CtsI5iIU/edit?usp=sharing

I also started on figuring out how many power, condi, hybrid, and healing builds each spec has judging from metabattle (and maybe I'll add in other meta sites) in order to really see the META make-up for PvE, Raids, WvWvW, and sPvP between the different stat types/builds. So far, there are more power builds than any other. But we'll see!

Cool! Would also be nice to know how many abilities of each effect the profession has access to. Also whether they have access to blocks, reflects, evades, barrier, invulns (damage mitigation).

@Zex Anthon.8673 said:

@"Aplethoraof.2643" said:I started a sheet, but I don't have the time to finish it - at-least all at once.

Cool! Would also be nice to know how many abilities of each effect the profession has access to. Also whether they have access to blocks, reflects, evades, barrier, invulns (damage mitigation).

Good idea! I added those to a new category: defences.

@Aplethoraof.2643 said:

@Aplethoraof.2643 said:I started a sheet, but I don't have the time to finish it - at-least all at once.

Good idea! I added those to a new category: defences.

How are we basing this? Cause for example. BerserkerHas access to burn ,blind, fear, torment, bleeding,and confusion.Yet it doesn't have a 1 added.... And Spellbreaker has access to everything but confusion.Are we going off singular builds or access in total?Next question. Are we counting direct endurance regen from traits and abilities as part of evasion? Since those things lead to more dodges?

I looked at what their traits, weapon skills, and utilities can give them. Then, I added that as a "1".

I didn't count dodge at part of evasion, no. Since everyone has dodge, with the exception of daredevil (who gets 3, but everyone knows that so what the hell we can ignore it. Too complex for my Lovecraftian constitution).

@"Aplethoraof.2643" said:I looked at what their traits, weapon skills, and utilities can give them. Then, I added that as a "1".

I didn't count dodge at part of evasion, no. Since everyone has dodge, with the exception of daredevil (who gets 3, but everyone knows that so what the hell we can ignore it. Too complex for my Lovecraftian constitution).

Ok. Does damage immunity count as invulns or are you going to add a space for that?Edit also I cant add "1"

@Solori.6025 said:

@"Aplethoraof.2643" said:I looked at what their traits, weapon skills, and utilities can give them. Then, I added that as a "1".

Ok. Does damage immunity count as invulns or are you going to add a space for that?Edit also I cant add "1"

I added damage immunity. I also forgot to make it so anyone can edit, silly me :3

Edits-I added in all the Boons possible for every class NOT including conversion.If I missed a class please feel free to mention it.

For people looking at thieves.I included the consume plasma for ranger. I felt it would be disingenuous to Omit the thief equivalent from the board, thus thieves who can use consume plasma have all the boons listed from consume plasma.Same as rangers.

It is interesting to see how far behind in boon generation the Necro is when it doesn't have conversion or random chance like the others.P.S.I also added a retal slot because it wasn't there

Finished with the spread sheet.

I did not count in - Underwater skills.Downed state skills-Or corruption/conversion skills ( because conversion for the most part is unreliable)

Random chance skills were add ( because I added in Chaos storm and Signet of inspiration )Thief stolen skills were addedAdded column for damage reduction ( or extreme damage reduction) for skills 30% + (meaning they stacked or just flat out added a bonus of 30%) against physical damage.Added Column for Absorb/ Projectile destruction.I believe this is just a spread sheet of what classes have ACCESS to, so make your judgments accordingly.If you find any errors feel free to correct them.

@"Aplethoraof.2643" said:Thanks so much for your work! That was super quick!

No problem ?

Yeah, quantifying balance is def more difficult than just what do classes have access to? But it helps for the "at-a-glance" factor, at-least.

True

If you want to make a new tab. You can list 2 or 3 meta builds and we can break down what each build has access to.Also I would add a healing tab for heals outside of the designated slot that heal upwards of 2.5k as that is an extra bit of sustain that should be accounted for.

Archived