Hearts & Mind Story: Updraft Caused Me to Launch Out of the Instance — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Hearts & Mind Story: Updraft Caused Me to Launch Out of the Instance

Graymalkyn.8076Graymalkyn.8076 Member ✭✭✭
edited February 8, 2019 in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

So, I was doing the 'Hearts and Minds' story instance and had Mordy down to around 40% when a forced flight event kicked in. I jumped up, hit the wings, and glided to an updraft. As soon as I hit the updraft it launched me like a rocket so high and so fast that it instantly kicked me out of the instance. It was pretty funny to watch, but frustrating because now I have to do the instance over from the start.

I reported it to support, but will be surprised if there's anything they can do about it at this point.

We are what we write; our language defines us.

Comments

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

Then there is also:

-not getting the updraft at all despite being inside it, touching the floor and losing the achievement
    -invisible rocks

A nuisance, but it is probably really difficult to reproduce and fix :/

Smugly chuckling forever.
    My sentence doesn't make sense? Well, I probably forgot to write half of it before posting.

• I found it much simpler just to run under Braham's shield during the flight stages

• @Majosea.2487 said:
    I found it much simpler just to run under Braham's shield during the flight stages

I didn't even know that was possible. I'll have to try that.

We are what we write; our language defines us.

• @Blocki.4931 said:
    Then there is also:

-not getting the updraft at all despite being inside it, touching the floor and losing the achievement
    -invisible rocks

A nuisance, but it is probably really difficult to reproduce and fix :/

Or waiting for the updrafts to appear and suddenly the shield pops up around you and the flying achievement is lost as well. This instance should have been reworked a long time ago.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.