Spvp core necro hybrid

ZeftheWicked.3076

Hi fellow necros, once again i bring you a new spvp core necro build of my design, being a core necro main in that mode and all ;)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRBHbtG2IHN0XjN3gtNwfjDchCOABwBMH7TofjbdHMCA-jpRAQBGtMQIPBAfb/h+9AAAwRAokHEAA

Pretty unusual for me to be running and advertising build like this, since i'm a very defensive player and prefer tank setups, but upon fusing knowledge of my power tank core, with recently successful condi tank core build, and some brutal encounters in torneys this is the result.

Pros of this build

• solid direct & condi damage in one build
  • solid boon corrupt (5 sources of it, 3 of those aoe)
  • party condi cleansing with unholy Martyr
  • party anti-projectile field (corrosive poison cloud)
  • pretty solid sustain for such an offensive build (extra healing with blood bond, damage mitigation with spectral armor and CPC, flesh wurm for escapes, extra health from amulet)

Cons:

• no good at ressing downed allies
  • not too hot in melee machups
  • jack of almost all trades, master of none

General usage tips

1. damage is awesome. It's really a game changer to have both strong condi and power damage - if condi is a no go vs given enemy, you can burst them with axe or harass with shroud. If power damage is not being effective, scepter + plaguelands can really murder them.
  2. Flesh Wurm is the make or break of this build - recent game i avoided death around 5 times because of porting outta heat to heal up.
  3. This build is ranged - with team you can sit on point and make enemies' lives miserable (plaguelands, boon corrupts, scepter), but this is not a point holder build - you're best staying bit away and focusing on axe and scepter abuse.
  4. Despite running blood magic this is not a ressbot build. You don't have a single ress trait save minor last rights and it is highly adviced to not try to ress allies if enemies can cleave you when doing so. Better you try to down/stomp an enemy rather then making yourself a free kill.
  5. Obviously avoid getting outnumbered, you're a great +1 or team fighter. Duels..not your specialty, though also you're not completely screwed if it comes to that.

Some plays:

• Plaguelands + Fleshwurm - plaguelands is literally the only skill in your bar that needs you to run into melee. But once you drop it (especially on middle) enemies not only tend to dps and cc you as hard as they can, but also mass blind you, making your elite ticks miss. One cool play is to flesh wurm away right after dropping plaguelands if things are too crowded - if they can't blind you, they can't stop it from hitting them and eating more damage, And hey, you're supposed to stay at range anyway, so that's a bonus.

• Scepter condi harass + axe burst. Axe has sigil of agility in it for quickness bossted #2 burst. it's a nice idea to harass them with condies, and then outta the blue axe surprise! Remember to get fury from your shroud before you go for the kill - extra 20% crit chance helps securing the kill!

• Consume conditions + CPC + shroud flash at base. Long story short - free lifeforce for you from consuming self inflicted condies. Don't do it the first time though, since you have no lifeforce to enter shroud to consume those condies. Unless you're willing to sacrifice your early game flesh wurm for it, which i do not advice.

• Locust swarm + shroud - locus swarm is your go to tool vs blinds when in melee with enemy. It'll ensure that aoe boon corrupt from spiteful spirit will land, as well as 2 condies get transferred of you with plague sending traited.

• Easy healing with blood Bond - too lazy to inflict 4 stacks of bleeding on enemy to get healing from blood Bond? No worries the trait does not demand that the bleeds are yours, if you see a bleeding enemy, even if it's not your own doing, a nice whack with your auto will get the passive signet of vampirism going:>

Possible changes:Build is flexible and few things can be changed.

You can for example swap out CPC for Spectral Walk if you need extra condi cleanse and the escape tool. With Wurm this can allow for some really nice plays.Lingering Curse can be reaplaced with Weakening Shroud (vs guards or warriors mostly) for more safety when jumped and almost insta 3 boon corrupt when entering shroud (hello rampage)Rune is extremely...loose part of the build. You can stick just about anything in there and it'll work. If you go for Rune of the Lynx or Traveller (25% movement speed) you can ditch Banshee's Veil in Blood Magic and take vampiric Presence or Life from Death (though this build that not have much healing power to back it up).If watching allies get downed bothers you a lot, you can switch out Blood Bond for Ritual of Life, but be warned Blood Bond is a powerful trait for your own sustain, so take that risk knowing this beforehand.

It's a nice hybrid, but I dont get your full set up to be honest, maybe just because I'm just used to go for something less cooldown focused and more strategic.Master of corruption is great to reduce heal cd, cpc and elite but you miss on real usefull tools like path of corruption(unblockable corrupt which you miss since you dont run corrupt boon) and terror that is great considering everybody has stability in pretty much every build this days.Especially in ranked cpc wont save you that much vs pew pew because if people want to focus you, you going down anyway xD (#necrolife)Bloodmagic can be a nice way to sustain especially with unholy martyr, but i would not run that vs a condi team comp because you can get melted if heal or plague sending is not up and since dont run off hand dagger or that a problem to consider.So i would run bloodmagic and path of corruption or go for my general glass hybrid: wizard, aristocracy runes, soul reaping over bloodmagic and terror. Utilies all designed to kiting so spectral walk and wurm and spectral ring to avoid meleers.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRAnd7Yjc0QxN2XD+2A/NOwFK4AEAHAtLKjvIu1TwIA-jpRAQBGtMQIPBAl8gAAgjAQ/eAAEa/BAWith this set up your able to be a pain in the ass of everyone, ofc if you can kite. I tested this in plat 1-2, it is viable but hard to run, I cannot say over that skill level because I'm an average pvp player xDThis variant I proposed you has a lot of advatages: high might stacks mantainable, lot of lf regeneration through fear, foot in the grave is crucial to not get locked out of shroud(i know many people dont like because they considering a wasted trait, but vs a heavy cc enemy when you can go into shroud again after a stun and adsorb dmg it's just glorious). So my hybrid is definetely a yolo core nec mode, but it is really fun, I'll try run master of corruption to test your build =)

Well i'm a bit lower then you (g2-g3), but I am a ranked player as well and my build is used there. With that outta the way let's answer your questions:

Reason i run blood is for defensive balance (health generation and being able to stay in base form longer) plus support for team (Unholy Martyr, Last Rites, and depending on mood and rune Vampiric Presence or Life from Death).

That combined with Master of Corruption works. In extended fights (especially when after killing one enemy another one is already back from his base for more) i often end up getting low, and without Blood Bond i'd be an easy picking. But with blood bond i often leech health (blood bond) and life force (axe + focus set) off a downed enemy. The moment his buddy comes for veangeance i'm ready to take some punishment.

Corrosive Poison Cloud isn't neccessairly a self defense skill. I often drop it on point, regardless if I myself will be sitting on it. Teammates contesting it will be safe from projectile abuse for a while, while enemies in it weakened (dumpsters on crit builds damage) and poisoned. So for me it's more of a party utility in most cases.I also had few cases of solo defending side node vs deadeye. CPC really made it a nightmare for them. They couldn't snipe me down when i had it on, when it wore off i would LoS them, but because CPC would be back up again soon, I could stay and defend the point, instead of making a full retreat and giving up the node.

As for Unholy Martyr - yes it is risky. But it is a major condi cleanse for yourself and team. If you got firebrand or other support, you two will be killers at shutting down condi pressure. If you're alone it's still at least 3 condies off your mind and some free life force. Also it's another big skill to support my team.

When you look at just what is the core necro's shroud skill 2, you'll understand why i don't bother with Path of Corruption.And Terror makes sense only with Fear of Death, which your build does run, but mine not.

Reason i discarded Soul Reaping is because foot in the grave is overrated (get stab, get corrupted 1s later by enemy scourge) and it would basically end up being a shroud camp build, that has great lf generation, but next to nothing to keep base health in decent shape. Also Blood has lots of team support Soul Reaping lacks.

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:Well i'm a bit lower then you (g2-g3), but I am a ranked player as well and my build is used there. With that outta the way let's answer your questions:

Reason i run blood is for defensive balance (health generation and being able to stay in base form longer) plus support for team (Unholy Martyr, Last Rites, and depending on mood and rune Vampiric Presence or Life from Death).

That combined with Master of Corruption works. In extended fights (especially when after killing one enemy another one is already back from his base for more) i often end up getting low, and without Blood Bond i'd be an easy picking. But with blood bond i often leech health (blood bond) and life force (axe + focus set) off a downed enemy. The moment his buddy comes for veangeance i'm ready to take some punishment.

Corrosive Poison Cloud isn't neccessairly a self defense skill. I often drop it on point, regardless if I myself will be sitting on it. Teammates contesting it will be safe from projectile abuse for a while, while enemies in it weakened (dumpsters on crit builds damage) and poisoned. So for me it's more of a party utility in most cases.I also had few cases of solo defending side node vs deadeye. CPC really made it a nightmare for them. They couldn't snipe me down when i had it on, when it wore off i would LoS them, but because CPC would be back up again soon, I could stay and defend the point, instead of making a full retreat and giving up the node.

As for Unholy Martyr - yes it is risky. But it is a major condi cleanse for yourself and team. If you got firebrand or other support, you two will be killers at shutting down condi pressure. If you're alone it's still at least 3 condies off your mind and some free life force. Also it's another big skill to support my team.

When you look at just what is the core necro's shroud skill 2, you'll understand why i don't bother with Path of Corruption.And Terror makes sense only with Fear of Death, which your build does run, but mine not.

Reason i discarded Soul Reaping is because foot in the grave is overrated (get stab, get corrupted 1s later by enemy scourge) and it would basically end up being a shroud camp build, that has great lf generation, but next to nothing to keep base health in decent shape. Also Blood has lots of team support Soul Reaping lacks.

Dont get me wrong I get your points and to be frank i use blood magic with blood bond and unholy martyr in the same way you do but on power builds. Tbh i feel the need into going more dmg when hybrid just because sometimes you really to burst people down faster, my idea is kinda lock down power and condi spike, it's a yolo idea which seems to function to me. I generally run full power core axe/focus dagger/wh so i can still get the sustain for blood magic but going more offensive. I think probably it has something to do also more on playstyle than the effective build itself, infact in my guild of core necros (which i would gladly invite you too), we seems to run build in different ways but it seems to be working better or worse depending on playstyle, like it's not an exact science of build because sometimes my friend can make work wonky builds that should not work xD and that happens to me too^^Anyway nice to see core necro players and people posting builds =)

http://de.gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRBHbtG2IHN0XjN3gtNwfjDchCOABwBMH7TofjbdHMCA-jpRAQBGtMQIPBAfb/h+9AAAwRAokHEAAThe build does not look too bad except it is really easy to shut down in melee range with one or two stuns. But to be honest: every core necro that is not trailblazer/dire is easy to shut down.

http://de.gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRAnd7Yjc0QxN2XD+2A/NOwFK4AEAHAtLKjvIu1TwIA-jpRAQBGtMQIPBAl8gAAgjAQ/eAAEa/BAThis build is a bit better prepared against stunlocks (for core necro standards), but on the other hand drops allmost all the sustain the build formerly had (no blood magic, no consume conditions cd reduction, no spectral armor) for a few fear gimmicks. I don't think that this will work well.

@"KrHome.1920" said:

The build does not look too bad except it is really easy to shut down in melee range with one or two stuns. But to be honest: every core necro that is not trailblazer/dire is easy to shut down.

This build is a bit better prepared against stunlocks (for core necro standards), but on the other hand drops allmost all the sustain the build formerly had (no blood magic, no consume conditions cd reduction, no spectral armor) for a few fear gimmicks. I don't think that this will work well.

Playin a similar build, but without Spite talent and with Soul Reaping, its petty useful in a long fights, hard to get focused and the dmg is decent with condis and got some bursts too

Archived