Why can't I buy this recipe?

GW Noob.6038

I've been trying to buy the 'Mordant Slayer' recipe from Embalmer Boran in Vebbi, but it won't unlock for me. The wiki says this: "The Mordant weapon recipes will only be available for purchase if you have unlocked the respective Elonian weapon skin." Well, I have the Elonian Greatblade skin, amongst several other Elonian weapon skins (all of which correspond to the Mordant recipes that are available to me from this same vendor), in my wardrobe but the 'Mordant Slayer' recipe remains locked...what am I doing wrong?

Sadly can't test it because i already got all elonian and awakened skins, so i could by all recipes anyway.But it would make more sense, that the awakened weapons would be needed as a prerequisite, since the mordant weapons are just are more "complete" version of the awakened weapons (or the awakened are a more damaged version of the mordant, dependent on how you see it).

For the Mordant Slayer e.g. the tip of the sword and the hilt are different from the Awakened Greatsword.

@GW Noob.6038 said:

@"Ronan.9518" said:You don't need the respective elonian weapons, you need the respective awakened weapons

Yeah, the wiki needs to be corrected. I'd rather have the regular Awakened Greatsword anyways...if I get that I won't need the 'Mordant Slayer' recipe. :)

Feel free to create a wiki account and correct it. The information in the wiki is provided by the players (based on the game, obviously), not by ArenaNet staff.

Awakened weapons are usually found in various drops from Awakened enemies; they are the Rare versions; the equivalent Mordant weapon is usually available to make if you have any of these.

The best way right now to acquire some of these is to find some Awakened incursions and disperse them. These are usually on an hourly cycle of 7 different places, which means the invasions will revisit the places every 7 hours. (This is also a good way to get Elonian weapons, which are used for the Sunspear equivalents.)

Archived