How do I basic good?

DiscipleofLaw.3796

I know there's a patch coming up that'll make some changes to the scrapper spec, but I'm personally not a big fan of meleeing with my engineer, nor am I a fan of the lightsaber/shield holo-whatever-that-is spec. So I ask you, is there a decent _basic _engineer build out there that'll help me be useful in PvE? Besides metabattle, do any of you have any suggestions on builds to use in dungeons and fractals? I've been an engineer since launch and I still don't know how to "get good."

If you are going to worry about performance, your meta builds for the relevant game mode are your best bet. If you just want to do what you want, I would say some kind of condi core engi build with pistols. To be honest, your request is pretty vague ... 'useful' in PVE is more about knowing the encounters and knowing your toolset than any particular skill or gear selection. If you have been playing engi since launch, and you still don't know what is useful, I'm not sure anyone can just hand you the build to fix that.

@Obtena.7952 said:'useful' in PVE is more about knowing the encounters and knowing your toolset than any particular skill or gear selection. If you have been playing engi since launch, and you still don't know what is useful, I'm not sure anyone can just hand you the build to fix that.

Jupp, you can basically Play whatever you like and be useful with it if you know how to apply it.

Archived