Make on-interrupt traits proc when dealing XX breakbar damage in PvE

OriOri.8724

Interrupt builds suck in PvE because of the abundance of breakbars in new zones (particularly HoT zones), even more so those enemies whose breakbar is always locked. I think it would be a nice QoL change to have on interrupt traits also proc when you deal XX breakbar damage within 2-3 seconds. It should be balanced so that skills that deal very little breakbar damage don't proc them, but it also shouldn't require someone to have a skill like gravity well or SoH on their bar in order to still proc these traits. I think that this would make PvE a lot more fun in general, since we would no longer have to completely ignore our on-interrupt traits due to them being useless against breakbars.

Indeed. In addition, some elites deal additional damage to interrupted or CCed targets, which you cannot obtain if the target has a break bar. Also majority of PvE mobs attack super slowly, making the interrupt skills unreliable source of boons/damage.

@OriOri.8724 said:Interrupt builds suck in PvE because of the abundance of breakbars in new zones (particularly HoT zones), even more so those enemies whose breakbar is always locked. I think it would be a nice QoL change to have on interrupt traits also proc when you deal XX breakbar damage within 2-3 seconds. It should be balanced so that skills that deal very little breakbar damage don't proc them, but it also shouldn't require someone to have a skill like gravity well or SoH on their bar in order to still proc these traits. I think that this would make PvE a lot more fun in general, since we would no longer have to completely ignore our on-interrupt traits due to them being useless against breakbars.

Some enemies have permanent lockbars.

Interrupt traits should simply work on usage, not on landing the interrupt in PvE.

@Zenith.7301 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:Interrupt builds suck in PvE because of the abundance of breakbars in new zones (particularly HoT zones), even more so those enemies whose breakbar is always locked. I think it would be a nice QoL change to have on interrupt traits also proc when you deal XX breakbar damage within 2-3 seconds. It should be balanced so that skills that deal very little breakbar damage don't proc them, but it also shouldn't require someone to have a skill like gravity well or SoH on their bar in order to still proc these traits. I think that this would make PvE a lot more fun in general, since we would no longer have to completely ignore our on-interrupt traits due to them being useless against breakbars.

Some enemies have permanent lockbars.

Interrupt traits should simply work on usage, not on landing the interrupt in PvE.

I disagree that they should work on usage. Part of interrupt traits is that you have to actually interrupt something in order to proc them. Yet a lot of PvE mobs attack really slowly, so if it was on usage of a CC skill, it would allow for these traits to proc much too easily and much too often, which would make them boring imo.

As for the permanent lockbars, those were put in to make some enemies immune to CC, in that light I don't think its that bad to have them also be immune to on interrupt procs, since they cannot be interrupted, ever. Even when you account for them though, this would make a lot more enemies fun to fight with interrupt builds, since most breakbars are not permanently locked.

Archived