Never played a condi build before, which stats for firebrand?

Terimac.5871

@Acheron.4576 said:If you want to go glass then I recommend sinister weapons and armor with a few trinkets being viper. Even with them all being exotics you should be able to get 100% burn if you trait right, which is your goal. Outside of burn that expertise isn't really worth it imo.

No no, no glass builds for me. Even with power builds i refused berserkers and prefered something as a mix of maras and valkyrie.

hmmm i've never tinkered with the stats outside of glass so i can't say for certain... you could try and swap sinister for carrion for that vitality. You will be missing out on some damage since you won't crit hardly at all. You have access to decent aegis and condi-cleanse if you use the mantras efficiently to help with survivability.

@Acheron.4576 said:hmmm i've never tinkered with the stats outside of glass so i can't say for certain... you could try and swap sinister for carrion for that vitality. You will be missing out on some damage since you won't crit hardly at all. You have access to decent aegis and condi-cleanse if you use the mantras efficiently to help with survivability.

About critting, is precision still important even though condis can't crit? I guess weapon skills critting is still important.

There is a trait in Radiance that creates a zealot's flame when you crit which adds burning in aoe. It is on a 10 cd though so it won't be to much of a hit with low crit, especially when there are traits in the same tree that can increase your crit chance. The trait is pretty much a must have for condi since it also improves your burning and reduces the torch cds as well.

I think Celestial is probably the best option for open world exploration if you don't want to go full glass (sinister/grieving).Carrion is an option, but it leaves your crit% and ferocity so low that Celestial actually ends up giving you slightly higher total dps and quite a bit better survivability.Dire is another option (and it's super cheap). You get about 15% more hp and armor than with Celestial but because FB does a healthy amount of power damage even in a condition build, Dire lags behind Celestial DPS by as much as 50%. Probably not a great trade-off. But like I said, this gear is suuuuuper cheap.

No matter what gear you decide on, the most important thing is to try to hit 100% burn duration.So that probably means Superior Runes of Balthazar in your armor and Sigil of Smoldering on your weapon at a minimum.

@Terimac.5871 said:

@Acheron.4576 said:hmmm i've never tinkered with the stats outside of glass so i can't say for certain... you could try and swap sinister for carrion for that vitality. You will be missing out on some damage since you won't crit hardly at all. You have access to decent aegis and condi-cleanse if you use the mantras efficiently to help with survivability.

About critting, is precision still important even though condis can't crit? I guess weapon skills critting is still important.

Critting is still important for Firebrand because a lot of the damage (beyond Ashes brokenness ) is still power based.

Armors = Carrion/ Balthazar runeTrinkets/ Backpiece = ViperWeapons = Carrion/ Viper / Scepter/ Torch/ Axe

Build:Virtue: 221Radiance:221Firebrand:333

Utilities:Mantra of Flame/Purging Flames/Signet of Wrath/Mantra of Liberation

Speaking from PvE:First is to achieve 100% burn duration, easily reaching that with Runes of Balthazar, Sigil of Smoldering & the Vipers trinkets.In my case, I prefer to have at least 15k HP to venture into the unknown areas. Precision is not important for me as we do not have that Ferocity stat, even if attacks being Critical, it is still weak. Also Right Hand Strength had solved that issue. You can still roughly obtain 35% critical chance in total(Precision from Viper 22% + 15% Radiance RHS). IMO, it is really not necessary to have that Sinister stat at all in any Guardian's condition build.

Most mob in PoF has CC/ Condi attack, adjust Utilities according to your taste.
But I would keep Signet of Wrath for maximum dmg.ToJ Burning Passive should be sitting around 1.6k to 1.7k.
If group of mobs gank on you, it is better to swap to Scepter(Symbol of Punishment), pop out Stability, and Torch Cleansing Flame for Pemearting Wrath to shine, that should melt them like butter.Now go BBQ some mobs and tell me what you think of this xD.

I am full viper's except for backpack with is griever's; Viper's ascended trinkets are REALLY easy to get if you have Bitterfrost, Ember Bay, and Siren's landing. Ascended Griever's backpack can be done with the PoF backpack collection (complete the story, find two treasures, do two hearts, do two bouties)

Archived