Support Tempest Is Still Too Weak.

Jasher.6580

I know there was an attempt to buff support tempest recently but I've been playing it a bit and I must say... it cannot perform in the current meta. I think a move in the right direction is to give them a lot more access to stability. They are way too easy to cc, focus and shut down.

I hope this doesn't fall on deaf ears.

• Jasher the Slasher.

@Jasher.6580 said:I know there was an attempt to buff support tempest recently but I've been playing it a bit and I must say... it cannot perform in the current meta. I think a move in the right direction is to give them a lot more access to stability. They are way too easy to cc, focus and shut down.

• Jasher the Slasher.

We tried asking for more stab when traited for it rather than 1 stack, we tried asking for a little bit of stab on aftershock the earth shout, we tried asking for water overloads to get the same love as staff guard with higher healing per pulse..Hell, we tried asking for anything that doesnt revolve around 1k healing power just to have the same healing effectiveness as a berserk holo/SB/War so we didnt get stuck with healing/vit ammies all the time.

Some even tried warning that the last set of buffs was actually more nerfs, more ammo to necs per shout.

It falls on deaf ears sorry to say.

@Jasher.6580 said:I know there was an attempt to buff support tempest recently but I've been playing it a bit and I must say... it cannot perform in the current meta. I think a move in the right direction is to give them a lot more access to stability. They are way too easy to cc, focus and shut down.

• Jasher the Slasher.

It will fall on deaf ears, tempest is not intended for pvp anymore..hold on that sword weaver and hope for the best, too much condi bombi, CC and dmg for tempest...way too much

Unfortunately that is the state of eles in general.

I play mostly tempest myself and I can confirm that for double the efforts we get 1/2 of the results of any other class. Not to say it is completely useless, but you are better off using those skills on a class that has a higher baseline power.

A shame I still love the class to death, because I would have quit a long time ago otherwise.

Anet Ben loves his engi, but I guess out of the 1 dev and 2 unpaid highschoolers interns left in the PvP "balance team" none plays eles, so dont expect anything for a while, or at all.

@"Fortus.6175" said:Unfortunately that is the state of eles in general.

I play mostly tempest myself and I can confirm that for double the efforts we get 1/2 of the results of any other class. Not to say it is completely useless, but you are better off using those skills on a class that has a higher baseline power.

A shame I still love the class to death, because I would have quit a long time ago otherwise.

Anet Ben loves his engi, but I guess out of the 1 dev and 2 unpaid highschoolers interns left in the PvP "balance team" none plays eles, so dont expect anything for a while, or at all.

Lol no wonders then...him playing tempest in wvw was all a smokescreen ..well played

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"Fortus.6175" said:Unfortunately that is the state of eles in general.

Lol no wonders then...him playing tempest in wvw was all a smokescreen ..well played

There is a difference between playing a class, and being effective with said class.

Nothing stops anyone from playing their favorite class, heck, even when Im constantly harassed for picking ele in ranked, I still do it. But you must be able to take a step back and analyze the situation with as little bias as possible, so that you can recognize that you, and your team is better off with another class most of the time. Not to say they are completely useless, I have never meant that, but overall, their effectiveness is greatly reduced when compared to their peers.

@Fortus.6175 said:

@Fortus.6175 said:Unfortunately that is the state of eles in general.

There is a difference between playing a class, and being effective with said class.

Nothing stops anyone from playing their favorite class, heck, even when Im constantly harassed for picking ele in ranked, I still do it. But you must be able to take a step back and analyze the situation with as little bias as possible, so that you can recognize that you, and your team is better off with another class most of the time. Not to say they are completely useless, I have never meant that, but overall, their effectiveness is greatly reduced when compared to their peers.

Its more of a supplement class... Not exactly a defining role though.

Im with you though, purely play the class for fun and is the main reason that I keep coming back to GW2 at the moment. Other classes feel 1 dimensional to me and very strait forward.

Need more stability - condi clear for condi bombs , it's too easy to CC a tempest to death. Let's say that tempest is balanced to HoT levels, at its peak the spec could be used up to plat in a HoT solo meta I believe but sadly...it doesn't stand a chance against PoF power creep with scourge-mirage as main culprits

Archived