Is it too late to get Exalted Shoulders skin?

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Here you go:

Im guessing "historical" means no then.

It means "not today." So far, everything that has been exclusive to BL chests has been made available in any/all of three ways at some later date:

• A future BL chest
  • The updated Black Lion Exclusives Chest (updated once so far, when about two dozen items were added to the options)
  • BL Statuettes

Like anything gem related, there's no predicting when ANet will update. My impression is 6-12 months, but I haven't actually made a list of every exclusive unlock to double check.

tl;dr No, you can't get it today and no, it's not too late, as likely you will be able to get it "some" day.

Im guessing "historical" means no then.

It means "not today." So far, everything that has been exclusive to BL chests has been made available in any/all of three ways at some later date:
  • A future BL chest
  • The updated
    (updated once so far, when about two dozen items were added to the options)
  • BL Statuettes

Like anything gem related, there's no predicting when ANet will update. My impression is 6-12 months, but I haven't actually made a list of every exclusive unlock to double check.

tl;dr No, you can't get it
today
and no, it's not too late, as likely you will be able to get it "some" day.

Ive had my head buried under a rock in PvP and only just recently saw it lol

Well okie dokes thanks for that, hopefully I don't miss the next chance.

@sephiroth.4217 said:Well okie dokes thanks for that,You're welcome

hopefully I don't miss the next chance.

@"Astral Projections.7320"'s thread for "what's new in the gem shop" usually also posts the new BL chest contents. It also shows up in patch notes (almost always near the bottom) and someone on Reddit usually posts about it.

Alternatively... preview the BL chest on patch days. The "exclusives" are always in the "Uncommon" category, right after whatever BL Weapon skin market Gnashblade is going to trash. Or you can use the chat codes:

• BLEC: [&AgESQgEA]
  • BL Chest: [&AgFcTwAA]
  • BL Statuette: wiki (usually takes 5-8 days to get fully updated) (no preview possible)

Final note: the exclusives chest is currently trading at 1150-2300 gold. Before you shout, "zoinks! my shinies!", when it's a drop, the price drops considerably. You can budget 300-500 gold; it's consistently dropped that low (and I expect it to do so next time). By comparison, at 2019 conversion rates, 420 gold would get you 1200 gems, i.e. less than 15 BL keys. The odds that you'd get the unlock using only 15 keys is slim or none.

If it sells for statuettes, figure 25 or 60 units, which means using 25-60 keys.

tl;dr don't buy keys if you want a specific item. Instead budget 500 gold (max), get an Exclusives chest when it's available around that price, & save it (and statuettes) for the right window for the unlock you covet.(And sure, if you do map completions/key runs, save those keys for the 'right' chest, too. Might as well give RNG a try; just don't spend the gems except if you enjoy the thrill right before rolling the dice.)