Missing out on group play?

I haven't played GW2 in awhile and I just now purchased PoF. I'm thinking of picking up my old necromancer again but I'm a GW1 vet that would hate if the domain of anguish or tomb of primeval kings got released as a raid and I ended up missing out on it. I actually don't know how important group content is, currently in GW2. Am I missing out by choosing to main a class that has traditionally been avoided for group play?

I've considered my dragonhunter or warrior but I'm really tempted to go reaper for the strong open world capabilities. I guess my question is, how much of GW2 is open world, and how much of it is group content?

We have no word on raids in PoF as of yet.

Regarding the tomb of primeval kings, there's soloable story content there. I think that's vague enough =p.

Most of the path of fire stuff is soloable, there's however a good amount of open world group content that you can experience (the tuning of that content may be off at the moment).

As far as I know, there's nothing on the domain of anguish, though I may have missed something. Also keep your eye out on the next living world season and log in once to unlock each episode for free.

A lot of path of fire can be experienced solo, I did it and it was fun that way. there's still a ton more to explore for me, and some of that is embedded in group content. I won't spoil anything else that you havent talked about, but there's some cool places to visit.

Don't forget elite specs are a thing that's worth checking out.

EDIT: totally forgot to mention looking for group is a feature now, worth checking out for content you may need more people for, including raids.

Archived