Do sylvari dream during their sleep? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Lore

Do sylvari dream during their sleep?

Hi everyone!

We all know sylvari experience the Dream before they awaken, but do they have "regular dreams" when they sleep (e.g. like humans)?

(I'm sorry if this has been discussed already - I couldn't find any post about this)

Thank you :)

Comments

• Aaron Ansari.1604Aaron Ansari.1604 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2019

They do! Off the top of my head, here's one of conversations mentioning it. (Curiously, that dialogue also suggests that the sylvari link to each other through the uppercase Dream bleeds through into their lowercase dreams as well, to the point that it's conceivable they could have someone else's nightmares.)

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

• @Aaron Ansari.1604 said:
    They do! Off the top of my head, here's one of conversations mentioning it. (Curiously, that dialogue also suggests that the sylvari link to each other through the uppercase Dream bleeds through into their lowercase dreams as well, to the point that it's conceivable they could have someone else's nightmares.)

Thank you for your answer!

I was wondering about this because I remembered that Caithe had a second Wyld Hunt (concerning the egg) and asked myself whether this second "calling" could have come from a regular (lowercase) dream of hers.

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

Glad you asked that question, I second @Aaron Ansari.1604 's answer :)

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

H. P. Lovecraft

• Aaron Ansari.1604Aaron Ansari.1604 Member ✭✭✭✭

@TheLadyOfTheRings.9148 said:

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:

Thank you for your answer!

I was wondering about this because I remembered that Caithe had a second Wyld Hunt (concerning the egg) and asked myself whether this second "calling" could have come from a regular (lowercase) dream of hers.

Possibly! It's worth noting, though, that the callings are also felt while awake, to the point of distraction.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.