Graphics bug, crashing repeatedly asked to send report, blinking test pattern at trading post

I've had a graphics bug for a couple of months. It's intermittent, but mostly present. It makes the graphics look scrambled, pixel by pixel, like the lines have been missed so that they're the wrong length and alignment. I've submitted many reports and worked thoroughly with Guild Wars trouble shooting to no luck. This began just after installing macOS Catalina.

Then I began having problems with crashing repeatedly and being asked to send reports to Arena Net a couple of weeks ago. I've sent all the reports. I don't know what it is about what I'm doing (obviously I'm not being reported-- this is not a ban-- from the context) but I don't know what about the context is causing the bug. I don't really know game development well enough to know.

Then when I was doing a trading post transaction, the transaction went through, but the game died in a blinking test pattern. These are fairly usual for me, but I'm neither a high nor low spender. I honestly do need to spend less.

The test pattern was not great. I have seizures and this could have triggered one. It didn't. It caused a migraine, but not a serious one. I'm safe.

I'm more worried these repeated crashes are going to harm my computer. My computer still has great specs and is working well in most ways. It's a great computer for the programming I do on a volunteer basis, working back toward professionally. I have more than ten years experience in the field and need a working and decent computer. While I love gaming, I would never buy a high end gaming computer that might or might not work well for my programming needs when I know I have a reasonably good programming setup now.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Or should I let it go?