PvP match ready pop up is obtrusive!

Hot Boy.7138

@Kaburro.4712 said:

@"venom.7189" said:can anyone explain-me whi im dishonored in pvp for disconect?

The game doesn't know if you d/c'd raged quit or logged off intentionally to protect your teammate from rank loss2ndTrust me, the game "knows" the difference between a rage quit/log off or a DC.Unless you pull the plug, but even than.... there are ways to "know"“Trust me...”

No one trusts you so can you substantiate this claim?

Yes I can, everytime you log out you send and a packet to server "saying"you wanna quit the game"... (nice way to know you legged out)... everytime you pull the plug (unless you pull the plug on you router/modem)... ask Ben what happens cos is not the first time he put a trojan in game client to spy what 2nd party software you use... (Believe me he will say he never did but "once in internet will stay there forever" (I remember the patch))Man... I could talk to you all morning about TCP Packets & ACK... but why? (Pay attention that my first linguage is not english but I said "to" and not "with you")

Just to let you know why only when you pull the plug in modem can count as DC.... cos you can desconect your PC from WAN but ben still knows your other devices are connected.... Defend yourself Ben.

@Kaburro.4712 said:

@"venom.7189" said:can anyone explain-me whi im dishonored in pvp for disconect?

The game doesn't know if you d/c'd raged quit or logged off intentionally to protect your teammate from rank loss2ndTrust me, the game "knows" the difference between a rage quit/log off or a DC.Unless you pull the plug, but even than.... there are ways to "know"“Trust me...”

Yes I can, everytime you log out you send and a packet to server "saying"you wanna quit the game"... (nice way to know you legged out)... everytime you pull the plug (unless you pull the plug on you router/modem)... ask Ben what happens cos is not the first time he put a trojan in game client to spy what 2nd party software you use... (Believe me he will say he never did but "once in internet will stay there forever" (I remember the patch))Man... I could talk to you all morning about TCP Packets & ACK... but why? (Pay attention that my first linguage is not english but I said "to" and not "with you")

Just to let you know why only when you pull the plug in modem can count as DC.... cos you can desconect your PC from WAN but ben still knows your other devices are connected.... Defend yourself Ben.

Without using the "third 'yellow card' as I bet you will do".

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

The game doesn't know if you d/c'd raged quit or logged off intentionally to protect your teammate from rank loss

Trust me, the game "knows" the difference between a rage quit/log off or a DC.Unless you pull the plug, but even than.... there are ways to "know"

Well I guess yeah the game could see it you manually clicked leave match etc but if they did penalize you based off that and not a d/c then players would just flip their modem off to look like a d/c

See, now you are being smart, but those "kids" who do that on rage will do it once or twice... too much trouble. In 7 or 8 years none at Anet though about that??

@Kaburro.4712 said:

You still aren't proving anything. And there is literally no way to 100% accurately check if someone logs out, disconnects, or forces their game to crash. The web application that I'm a product manager of, we try to check when a user logs out but we can't account for when they close their browser, power off their machine, or any other way other than when they click the logoff link.

I'm not sure why you're evening bringing up the spyware that ANet put into GW2 to check running processes. What's the point that you're trying to make because these are two vastly different things we're talking about.

I have a network security background and currently am a software product manager so if you want to talk anything technical in those fields, I'm game.

@phokus.8934 said:

You still aren't proving anything. And there is literally no way to 100% accurately check if someone logs out, disconnects, or forces their game to crash. The web application that I'm a product manager of, we try to check when a user logs out but we can't account for when they close their browser, power off their machine, or any other way other than when they click the logoff link.

I'm not sure why you're evening bringing up the spyware that ANet put into GW2 to check running processes. What's the point that you're trying to make because these are two vastly different things we're talking about.

I have a network security background and currently am a software product manager so if you want to talk anything technical in those fields, I'm game.

I was not talkin to you, was talking to Mr. Ben