Chill with capes already!!! It's getting boring! — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Chill with capes already!!! It's getting boring!

Frostfang.5109Frostfang.5109 Member ✭✭✭
edited January 29, 2020 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Please, can we get other dyeable backpieces than just capes all the time? Its getting boring. How about wings, skyscale chick that clings on your back, quivers, rucksacks, flags (Like the guild flag thing), a flower,....

Comments

• kash.9213kash.9213 Member ✭✭✭✭

It would be nice to have back pieces that better fit the look you're going with. I'd like a non guild emblem version of the guild cape though, or another simple looking one for those of us non guilded or who's guild emblem doesn't look very good on the cape. I'd like a smaller backpack or sling or something that doesn't cover your whole character profile or most of your other stuff you're trying to show off.

Northern Shiverpeaks [EL]

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

No, capes make you warmer.

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

• Ponchos please.

• Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

Capes are AWESOME.

• Mortifera.6138Mortifera.6138 Member ✭✭✭

People were dying for capes for years now, and now you want them to stop? Make up your minds, people.

• Hashberry.4510Hashberry.4510 Member ✭✭✭✭

X=1 so far. An x-icorn if you will ;) .

• Frostfang.5109Frostfang.5109 Member ✭✭✭

@Mortifera.6138 said:
    People were dying for capes for years now, and now you want them to stop? Make up your minds, people.

I never asked for cspes.

• cptaylor.2670cptaylor.2670 Member ✭✭✭✭

I never wanted them but I got the guild one on my guardian and like it. I would just like it if there were more added as in-game items. Maybe even a build-a-cape menu for guilds to create their own cape style similar to how they create their logo. I.e. Logo with a short/long cape. Neat/tattered.

• Elric.4713Elric.4713 Member ✭✭✭

How are you surprised that they're milking capes? It was pretty obvious that's their plan since they released the good looking one as BL item and a rag as a guild cape.

👻Legendary Ritualist Stance - Invoke the power of the legendary ritualist Master Togo.

• Jables.4659Jables.4659 Member ✭✭✭

@Frostfang.5109 said:
    How about wings

There are four capes in the game. Can you guess how many wings?

21! And those are just the ones that actually have "Wing" in the name.

• JusticeRetroHunter.7684JusticeRetroHunter.7684 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2020

Only hang up I have about the gemstone capes is that I cant have my guild logo on it....like why is it not possible to do that yet the tech was there in gw1.

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:
    Only hang up I have about the gemstone capes is that I cant have my guild logo on it....like why is it not possible to do that yet the tech was there in gw1.

Because they set it up so that you can get your guild cape from your guild?

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• @kharmin.7683 said:

That is the Hangup. I don’t really want a rat or some treehouse on my cape, especially if I’m paying $$ for it, I’d rather be able to have the option to have my guilds logo....that’s really why i bought my first cape...cause I like the design and I thought I’d be able to have my guilds logo on it.

• Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

Uhm, you dont like capes? Dont buy/use em.

@Frostfang.5109 said:

@Mortifera.6138 said:

I never asked for cspes.

You are not every person.

• TwoGhosts.6790TwoGhosts.6790 Member ✭✭✭

Am I the only one who read the OP as satire?

• Frostfang.5109Frostfang.5109 Member ✭✭✭

@Mortifera.6138 said:

@Frostfang.5109 said:

@Mortifera.6138 said:

I never asked for cspes.

Uhm..... I know that.

@Frostfang.5109 said:

@Mortifera.6138 said:

@Frostfang.5109 said:

@Mortifera.6138 said:

I never asked for cspes.

Uhm..... I know that.

Then don't tell me you didn't ask for capes. I don't care.

• @JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

That is the Hangup. I don’t really want a rat or some treehouse on my cape, especially if I’m paying $$ for it, I’d rather be able to have the option to have my guilds logo....that’s really why i bought my first cape...cause I like the design and I thought I’d be able to have my guilds logo on it.

If you want your Guild's logo on a cape, then acquire the Guild Cape. No $$ necessary.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Basic_Guild_Cape

• kratan.4619kratan.4619 Member ✭✭✭

Is anyone even using capes? I have not noticed any in game yet, of course, I normally don't pay any attention to what someone else is wearing.

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

I've seen them around.

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.