Playing GW2 on 43' TV 4k resolution

Hi all,just go a new UHDTV 43' and playing the game with 3840*2160 and everything is fine. but, setting the game with 4096 × 2160 resolution brings out the real graphics. the icons were small so I went to windows made the icons in win7 to 150% and choose UI in game to larger, worked fine except that the screen is not really fit. like in login screen i cant see the 3rd button below and I cant see the menu button in the top left. in game the chat box is nearly hidden to the left and my quest log is hidden to the right.

how can i fix that, i really wanna play with 4k res.

thanks

• Like 1

Oh I see what you mean, I also have a 4k 43" TV and just hooked it up to my PC, and at 4096 × 2160 it gets cut on the sides. And it works fine at 3840 x 2160. But I think it's a limitation of the TV itself? When I go to my display settings, it says native resolution is 3840 x 2160, and If i set it to 4096 × 2160 I get the same issue in Windows, no matter what setting on my TV or my Nvidia control panel, scaling, resizing, etc I change.

@"YtseJam.9784" said:Oh I see what you mean, I also have a 4k 43" TV and just hooked it up to my PC, and at 4096 × 2160 it gets cut on the sides. And it works fine at 3840 x 2160. But I think it's a limitation of the TV itself? When I go to my display settings, it says native resolution is 3840 x 2160, and If i set it to 4096 × 2160 I get the same issue in Windows, no matter what setting on my TV or my Nvidia control panel, scaling, resizing, etc I change.

exactly my issue. Man the 4096 is amazing I wish to play the game with it......anyone has an input to help us with this please. thanks

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Same issue here. 4k, game resolution at 3840x2160. The character and the environment looks awesome but the ui does not look clear at all - it does not scale well.

I don't have an option to select a specific percentage for DPI scaling either.

Did any of you found a solution?

Thanks.

Edited by Efar.8153
  • Sad 1