Returning to Tyria

Hey everyone,

Its been a few years since I left the world of Tyria. I was here for the heart of thorns and very beginning of path of fire but due to personal circumstances I am not able to recover my old account which had my Guildwars account linked from way back when. Though the Hall of monuments would be empty for me now being that I am starting a brand new account here in 2020. I am looking to make new friends and see what new changes have happened since I left. I already bought season 2 of the living story and I am sad to read that a certain NPC is no longer with us but the story has always been compelling and has always drew me in. I was thinking of branching away from being a Mesmer and going Engineer but I am uncertain what to do at this point.

What is the most populated server as far as (Eastern Time Zone) and what should be my goal with the gems I got with the Ultimate Edition. I am trying to play catch up and I have to begin my journey with the Rotations all over again but I am hoping that people are sill running dungeons etc. I know the wiki is still good with the Legendary Weapons but for now I guess its more about getting re acquainted.

@Randulf.7614 said:Servers have not mattered in many years except for WvW and that is due to change as well. For pve purposes, pick whatever.

Best thing is to join a decent, new player friendly Guild who will help you re-acquaint with the game and enable you to do more instanced content

Thanks... I decided to play on jade quarry... Getting used to engineer. Loving the recap though... 99%of mechanics have not changed thanks for the input

No not much has changed mechanically beyond balance changes which most people don't always notice anyway.

You should see a few new things in your UI though incl (off memory)

• Build templates
  • New mounts and lots of new skins to buy for them
  • New novelties tab

There have been no new dungeons as they long since abandoned those. Fractals are on pause as well and we have had 1 raid since, but the focus is on Strike Missions which are one boss instanced fights for 10 player groups. These are part of the latest Season.

There's lots of other little QoL adjustments, but really if you play through the game and/or join a decent guild then you will experience everything