Error: too many redirects when trying to buy PoF

This morning, I created a second account & then tried to buy Path of Fire Deluxe to take advantage of the great 50% off sale. =)

I tried twice, but both times ended up with the a/m error. That code advises you to delete cookies relative to Guild Wars buy, which I did before trying to buy it a third time, with the same result. :/

I submitted a ticket & while doing that, it occurred to me that I should have tried refreshing my browser before that third attempt. So in the ticket, I mentioned my intention to do that as well. I immediately received the "Request received" email re: the ticket, advising that it was being reviewed. :)

I then shut down my computer, rebooted & tried one last time to buy the game, this time taking a screen shot of the Order Summary page for reference. Surprisingly, it ended with the same error result. :o

I went to my email with the intention of maybe replying to GW's "Request received", with that additional information & what did I see? A thank you email for my order of the game! Great I thought! B)

And then... I compared the Order # in the email to the one in my screen shot & they're different! :'(

So now, I'm wondering if I will end up with multiple orders of the game? :#

So just a little warning so others don't follow me on my roller coaster ride. Check your email before you try & try again! ;)

PS - To the good people at Guild Wars, I only meant to buy the game once on my second account. Really sorry for any inconvenience caused. :/

Serious Update Now: I've received a second email confirming a purchase of the game & again, not the same # as in my screen shot.

09:10 (18 minutes ago)Thank you for ordering from the Guild Wars 2.Your order has been submitted and is currently being processed. You will receive another email with the details of your order within 48 hours.ORDER DETAILSOrder Number: 1808 etc.Order Date: 05.08.2020

06:54 (2 hours ago)Thank you for ordering from the Guild Wars 2.Your order has been submitted and is currently being processed. You will receive another email with the details of your order within 48 hours.ORDER DETAILSOrder Number: 1808 etc.Order Date: 05.08.2020

So even though the attempts to purchase the game always ended with the a/m error message screen, with absolutely no way to progress, apparently the purchase was actually going through. At no time during each attempt, did I ever reach a confirmation screen. Also, in between each attempt, the first thing that I did have the presence of mind to do, was to check my "cart". It was empty each time so...

I know it's not the end of the world, but I'm really not looking forward to having to go through the process of reversing these transactions here & on my credit card.

Thank you for the advice Inculpatus, really appreciated. :)

Since my last update, I have received 2 more emails:14:06 (1 hour ago)Thank you for ordering from the Guild Wars 2.Your order has been submitted and is currently being processed. You will receive another email with the details of your order within 48 hours.ORDER DETAILSOrder Number: 1793 etc.Order Date: 05.08.2020

10:01 (5 hours ago)Thank you for ordering from the Guild Wars 2.Your order has been submitted and is currently being processed. You will receive another email with the details of your order within 48 hours.ORDER DETAILSOrder Number: 1809 etc.
Order Date: 05.08.2020Interestingly, this 3rd email ORDER # matches the one in my saved screen shot, i.e., the last time that I tried. So there doesn't seem to be any sequential recording of the purchase attempts. They're in random order, or at least the emails acknowledging them are in random order. Either way kind of strange. :/

So now, I'm the unintended owner of 4 copies of the game, all on my nice new second account. I'll just sit on them for now until I receive a reply to the ticket I submitted.

Last comment I promise. Or at least I'll try heheh.

I was thinking that maybe, I might keep one extra copy of the game to give as a gift, so I searched the forum to see if I could do that. And who came to the rescue? Once again, Inculpatus! And I note that many posts are answered by this person, so thanks again & Kudos to you, Inculpatus!

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1124325#Comment_1124325