My Mesmer Build: Army of Me

Cheshire Rabbid.7430

I need someone to look thought on the builds I made for my character. I will be doing mostly PvE stuff in case you asked. I will also tell you a bit about the characters I like to think up for them, and I do need help thinking of names for them.She is beautiful and reagent nobility but kind too as she uses her illusion to entertain the rich and poor. Though she has a bit of an ego think herself as the perfect woman, she will put that aside for the great good of it. She loves to be the center of attention; ironically, she a member of the order of whispered due to her abilities to make clones and illusions.I say this, and the next one, I don't know much about the most what I try to build that allows me to make dominant clones and illusions that I can lave to keep attacking or destroy for significant burst damage. So I call this build Army of me. Yes I have heard that no one really plays core Memer anymore but all three specs seem good for what I'm going with but if you have an idea on with of the two elite spaces I should go with and which one I should get rid of then I'm open to it.

I use something similar to your Chorm, but with Dueling instead of Domination, and Sword offhand for the second weapon set (for Phantasmal Swordsman). The intent is for phantasms to do most of the work, with clones for added damage and boons. Also, I use Zerker gear (although my back piece is still Soldier atm). I find it a very good build with plenty of illusions active, especially with Chronophantasma.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiABs6tzlFw2YdMPWJW6XataA-zRIYR0yXGRkCpXAuNA-e

Edit: for better sustain, you can use Inspiration 3-2-2 instead of Illusions.

I like what you show me and have made a few changes to it that more conid build
>

It's an interesting idea. My first thought is that a Zerker build typically kills things so fast that an emphasis on condi and Torment would be pointless. By reducing Power & Ferocity so much your build will kill slower, but maybe for elites and champs it will outperform Zerker? Hard to say, without testing it.

I like what you show me and have made a few changes to it that more conid build
>

Well, you had me intrigued enough that I had to try it....but on the cheap, so I used exotic Rampager armor, Runes of the Traveler, rare Rampager trinkets, exotic Rampager scepter and rare Rampager sword. I had Demon sigil and Corruption sigil.

It felt very similar to my exotic power build, and kill times were essentially identical. Veteran Chak died with both builds generally within 20-30s, and with Torment condi duration of 32% with the cheap build, so I am doubtful that Torment runes would benefit the build, except maybe on boss fights (as well as being costly at 8g apiece).

So, it could be argued that if I had the full proper gear, it would be marginally better than the Zerker build. But its much more costly. I'm just not sure enough benefit to do a power & condi hybrid.

Normally condition damage and chrono don't work very well together especially after last nerfs to f2... I like the idea of this build, but for me it is weird, seems like you want to make a hybrid build that does some condi and power damage with phantasms ? I am not sure about this because stats can be tricky.Here are my general thoughts about the builds posted here:First I must say that those will not have enough damage nor utility to be compared to either of meta mesmer classes: power chrono, power core or condi mirage, but some will definitely be playable. I understand you are not trying to be the most efficient and it is more like of RP builds, but I will still try to give some thoughts and tips.Don't use any other heal skill other than the signet of ether or false oasis unless you really need their utility or die a lot. Chronophantasma is kinda wasted if you use it with shield or staff phantasm (which are the worst phantasms out there) and with no signet, I wouldn't use it that way. That trait is very stong with good phantasms builds but other than that it is wasted. And as you didn't have enough quickness there, you could easily replace chronophantasma with seize the moment there. Deceptive evasion over superiority complex is kinda questionable too considering you have more than enough clone generation (actually way more that you should need), scepter should already have enough clone generation + you take mirror images and signet of illusions (useless signet overall btw), it is really an overkill, you lose too much dps there and you can't get more than 3 clones anyway. Utility skills are meh too.. But I guess it is for roleplay. Speaking of which for having an "army of me" on chrono I'd advise consentrating more on phantasm casting in cont split rather than spamming clones. If done right you can have lots of your copies on your enemy especially if you take the traited greatsword. For example cast a sword 5, swap use contsplit with 3 clones, gs4 (2 phantasms), disenchanter , defender, signet of ether, gs4, disenchanter, defender, cont split ends, gs4, disenchanter, defender, signet, gs4, disenchanter, defender, weapon swap, sword 5 while trying to always have 3 clones up (that will be casting 18 phantasms and having 3 clones on your burst combo which will last around 15 seconds or something, but can be done on a single beefy enemy only)... That will be a lot of phantasms and clones and if you make a good build you can do a lot of damage too. But not much utility of doing that, it is just for lolz.