Suggestion for some clarity on how conditions should work.

Vancho.8750

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Vancho.8750 You need to know what skill does how much damage, and its not unique to condition damage.How much will rev hit me with deathstrike? with my past exp, and a quick look at my condition bar ( vulerability ) and their buff bar ( might ) I can estimate the damage.And I dont even play revenant, been hit upwards of 10k with it but average about ~7k hits. And I act accordingly.Stacks of condis dont matter, its the damage they dish out is what matters, pistol 4 from mesmer in theory can apply 19 stacks of bleeding if all hits crit.Sonds dangerous right? well thats ~4k dmg in bleed, suddenly thats less so right?And then 2 stacks of burning from my torch will do over 5k, if they last its entire long duration.Its no different then power builds, if anything its more fair. Power builds have rng aspect built in. Maybe deathstrike hits me for 8k and im dead, or mb he gets no crit and its 4k.... or mb he will glance for 2k instead.Most of the condition attacks lack proper telegraphs, come as passive damage or from pulsing aoes. The mesmer pistol is probably the best telegraphed condition weapon or even ranged weapon for that matter, it has the pew pew sound queue that no one can mistake, it has proper animation with fast enough projectile speed to be seen and dodged, it has intent behind it and then we had the condi mirage that relied more on the passive application of conditions from clone basic attacks, one is active one is passive and the second got used way more. You could always ballpark how much damage would the pistol do since it kinda worked like power weapon.And then there are the you will be hit by this passive anyway skills, like for example Incendiary Ammo and Thief poisons, dodge doesn't help on those you have to cleanse.

@Caine.8204 said:

@"Vancho.8750" said: a bunch of nonsense about how change is good

the issue is that design resources are being funneled into possibly using your suggestion to add some other misguided piece of nonsense to the game for the sake of change. the new heart of the mists is a great example of this; there was absolutely 0 reason to actually make a new pvp lobby, and yet they funneled design resources into it anyway.

the old school trait change where they made you pick 3 trees rather than 2.5 trees... really no reason to change it rather than just to change something. they could've just spent those resources balancing specific traits

the removal of PvP rank boxes, like dragon boxes, phoenix boxes where you could get skins. replaced with reward tracks with about 10x the amount of boxes, and 10% the amount of wardrobe unlocks. just because... what? they wanted us to have more boxes but less actual rewards?

entire reworks of specs, like chrono oh idk, 5 or 6 times, for the purpose of killing the build, stabbing it over and over again with huge sweeping changes, finally resulting in the removal of self-shatter, and then again the re-addition of self-shatter. the removal of self-shroud skills for Scourge, and the subsequent re-addition of self-shroud skills for scourge.

the addition of "level up bonuses", which just added 79 more buttons to click each time you make a new character.

they constantly rework and rework and rework and rework, and then 8 years later, there is hardly any "new" content in the game, just "reworked" content.

your suggestion is another clear example of a rework for the sake of change, with change very little gameplay, and would give you MORE to look at on your bar. if they condensed it down to make it so condi builds just stack more conditions, you would have to relearn the entire condition system to judge how much 3 bleeds do now, compared to before.

They have consistently and aggressively avoided adding anything "new" to the game. Instead, we get constant "reworks" that often leave the game in a worse state than before the change. Your change would give me more to look at. A larger distraction. A numerical value on my condition bar that , idk, would cover up the amount of stacks of bleed i have? or i would have to hover over it mid-combat to see how much damage im taking when i already know, as a long term player? or just a reworking of how conditions work entirely, just to confuse everyone and possibly leave the system in a worse state then it is currently? They could've easily added small changes to these systems that don't take months of reworking.

Do a little bit of map work in the Mists to make it viable for mounts. BOOM. MONTHS SAVED.Add more loot to the previous dragon,phoenix boxes, if money generation was the issue. BOOM. MONTHS OF REWORKS SAVED.When you level up, give Karma, small amounts of silver, so you can buy gear. BOOM. MONTHS OF REWORKS SAVED.Numerically nerf Chrono to the place you desire it. BOOM. Y E A R S of reworks saved.Numerically tweak traits to be where they desire them to be, breaking unintended metas. BOOM. MONTHS OF DESIGN CHANGES SAVED.

I'm sick of the "reworks" over and over and over again just for the sake of change. for the love of GOD, ADD something to the game, instead of taking away our cake and giving us a meat pie. I'd rather have the cake. i'm so sick and tired of it.

I didn't say do it my way, there are some people that added some suggestions that i consider better like the graphics on the healthbar, your stance is that everything is fine as is, i don't, i think the buff bar is a mess and gives more disinformation then information in its current form.I also think the current lobby is kinda depressing and the old one was better but that might be nostalgia.And allot of reworks and nerfs happened because they promoted passive gameplay, we probably had the biggest uptick of unique builds after they nerfed the self shades on scourge. If a game gets stale and uninteractive people get bored and leave.