Are all servers really connected?

LoyCa.2638

Hi Guys, I'm just a new player doing adventure to explore Tyria, It's just come to me that I don't encounter various players on specific map, since I'm looking to finished my heart quest and hoping that there's someone I can team-up side by side.

I'm thinking if each server are all connected there's should be a chance that they're doing it as well? Any thoughts?

Thanks.

PvE doesn't really uses worlds as servers, maybe that time is a late hour in that world region (NA or EU) so not many people active at that time. Note that there is lots of people doing this events after daily reset: Tequatl the Sunless, Legendary Ley-Line Anomaly, Rhendak (champion) mini-dungeon with a mesmer port if you make it in time, Chak Gerents, and finally Tarir Breach.Some maps are always empty during daily reset like Cursed Shore(level 80 map), Level 1-15 to 35-60 maps (unless they have a daily or mentioned events)

All servers in a region (NA and EU) are connected, meaning you can meet and play with any who is on any of those servers. But that doesn't mean there's only 1 copy of each map. The servers can create (and delete) copies of maps as needed to accommodate the number of people who want to go there. This is why you'll never be put in a queue to get into a map in this game (except World vs World, which works differently) - if the map is full the servers simply create another one and put you there. This is also why you might need to use the LFG tool to find people who are forming groups for an event - because even if you're in the right map you might not be in the same copy of it as they are. It's also why you'll sometimes get a notification that the copy of the map you're on is going to close and the game wants to move you to a different copy, where events might be at different points.

There are a few possible reasons you might not see many people around when you're doing hearts, for example:

• Time of day - there are times when regions are busier and quieter. I'm not sure about NA but on EU it's usually busy from about 5-11pm UTC on week nights and about 9am -11pm UTC on weekends. Outside of those times you'll see a lot fewer people in all the maps.
  • You might be on a newly created copy of the map or one players have emptied out. This happens a lot with maps which have world bosses: lots of people head to the map for the boss and use the LFG tool to make sure they end up in the same copies so they're all together to fight the boss. The servers respond to the influx of players by making lots of copies of the map and the ones players are leaving or ones created after the boss spawned end up with very few people on them.
  • It might just be that there's not many people doing the same hearts right now. This is especially true now when we've had a new episode released recently, a festival going on and a WvW event at the same time so there's a lot of stuff to take players attention away from the older maps.