What Wep Combo Should I Be Using For solo PvE??

@Lee Wilderspin.8260 said:Hey all!

I am looking to see what kind of wep combo I should be using for PvE content (story quest, living world etc). I currently use Greatsword/Staff, I used to use Greatsword/Sceptor and Torch. What do you guys think? I am a Dragonhunter.

Cheers!

Use whatever you want really, anything should work for what you're doing. If I'm on Dragonhunter open world I run greatsword + X, where I switch X out depending on how I feel.

@Lee Wilderspin.8260 said:Hey all!

I am looking to see what kind of wep combo I should be using for PvE content (story quest, living world etc). I currently use Greatsword/Staff, I used to use Greatsword/Sceptor and Torch. What do you guys think? I am a Dragonhunter.

Cheers!

Like others have said, you can use any weapon you want in open world and story PvE content, but it is important to use the appropriate weapon for the type of build you're playing. Staff is the go to guardian weapon for supporting allies so using it in solo content is not worth it even as a ranged weapon. You have plenty of sustain as guardian, so just play full dps builds with greatsword + scepter/focus.

The greatsword is guardian's best dps weapon and the second weapon set is fairly flexible. You can use either sword/focus or the longbow if you prefer playing ranged. As for the other off hand weapons, the shield is only useful for the aegis, the knockback and being used in support builds and the torch is only useful in condition builds which are lackluster compared to power builds.