Daily PvP Perks

Zagerus.8675

Right now I think PvP is actually one of the most rewarding game modes in terms of account progress. The gold is great, you can work toward ascended/legendary gear, it's good (if you play PvE - I do.) Now, trying to farm your way up the leaderboard while pressing through all of the issues that we are experiencing with matchmaking.. that is another story. Not all losses come from poor matchmaking but a frustratingly high number of them do (because you can watch the players on your team.) This is where I think daily perks could be brought in and implemented in a tangible way to improve the overall experience of trying to ascend the leaderboard without giving players an advantage in the match itself.

The perks gained from Daily PvP perks would reset at daily reset. They would be a set of modifiers that would affect rating only, and they would affect a single match per day. Only one perk could be active on any given match, and once a perk is consumed you can't access it again until reset, regardless of match outcome. You would equip them via clicking the PvP level bar to open the PvP Perks menu. Most would probably wait until they are in the ready-up phase of a match and looking at the roster of each team before deciding which perk to use.

There could be any number of perks - most of the dedicated players in Ranked play that I've seen usually play at least 6+ matches in a day. Given queue times that's roughly a nice evening on the game. So let's say 4 perks that you could gain access to in a given day.You could leverage said perks in any number of ways and encourage players to explore different aspects of Ranked Play.

Perk 1 - Win 2 matches while queuing Solo. Gain Bulwark of Solitude perk. Bulwark of Solitude: Rating loss is halved for current match.Perk 2 - Win 3 matches in a row. Gain Winning Streak perk. Winning Streak: Winning this match will grant you an additional +5 rating.Perk 3 - Win 4 matches while in a Duo-Queue. Gain Double or Nothing perk. Double or Nothing: The rating gained from winning this match is doubled.Perk 4 - Win 12 Matches. Gain Sustained Effort perk. Sustained Effort: This match grants an additional +15 rating, regardless of outcome.

These could be changed, balanced ect. but I think PvP perks would add an additional layer of interaction for players in PvP and help to alleviate some of the frustrations from the current matchmaking experience.