New Preparations Utility Skills

Shio.5826

Some thoughts on the skills:

PitfallReally underwhelming with the 3 seconds arm time, but it's really really good on choke points. Only affecting 5 targets only and not pulsing its effects every interval doesn't make it a really beneficial skill to take over other utility skills. This needs to be tuned to be more of a choice compared to the other utilities.

Thousand NeedlesSame thoughts as the previous.

Seal AreaBest one yet. Not sure if it's ignored by Stability though (can someone help test out?). Main uses are on choke points in PvP and WvW. The 3 seconds arm time forces the thief to have a bit of foresight before arming this. The cooldown of this skill is also appropriate.

Shadow PortalWhile other people found success on it, I find this quite underwhelming. Instead of how mesmer's portals work, the shadow portal's entrance is from the second area of activation of the skill to the first area instead of the other way around. It might be only me, but I feel that this is a bit clunky as opposed to making it go the other way around. I might be wrong though as this current setup is good for WvW purposes. Also the thief needs to travel 2x the distance for this skill to work properly (going to the place where the portal starts and back).

Overall, the 3 seconds arm time needs to be adjusted according to the skill. But other than that, preparations have proven to be a solid alternative to other utility skills.

Can someone explain them to me?I think their just buggy in pvp all the time.

The Shadow Portal wont activate. It just goes right into the cool downSeal area didnt even trigger for ONCE in a match. I prepare and nothing happens, no mark on the ground. After the 3 seconds (and no mark) I wanna try it again and suddenly the mark appears und the skill is on long cool down.

Pitfall is just the same.are the buggy or am i just stupid.

though outside of a match they seem so run most of the time perfectly

@Shio.5826 said:Some thoughts on the skills:

PitfallReally underwhelming with the 3 seconds arm time, but it's really really good on choke points. Only affecting 5 targets only and not pulsing its effects every interval doesn't make it a really beneficial skill to take over other utility skills. This needs to be tuned to be more of a choice compared to the other utilities.

Thousand NeedlesSame thoughts as the previous.

Seal AreaBest one yet. Not sure if it's ignored by Stability though (can someone help test out?). Main uses are on choke points in PvP and WvW. The 3 seconds arm time forces the thief to have a bit of foresight before arming this. The cooldown of this skill is also appropriate.

Shadow PortalWhile other people found success on it, I find this quite underwhelming. Instead of how mesmer's portals work, the shadow portal's entrance is from the second area of activation of the skill to the first area instead of the other way around. It might be only me, but I feel that this is a bit clunky as opposed to making it go the other way around. I might be wrong though as this current setup is good for WvW purposes. Also the thief needs to travel 2x the distance for this skill to work properly (going to the place where the portal starts and back).

Overall, the 3 seconds arm time needs to be adjusted according to the skill. But other than that, preparations have proven to be a solid alternative to other utility skills.

Yes seal area is ignored by stability.

@Bullet.1406 said:Can someone explain them to me?I think their just buggy in pvp all the time.

The Shadow Portal wont activate. It just goes right into the cool downSeal area didnt even trigger for ONCE in a match. I prepare and nothing happens, no mark on the ground. After the 3 seconds (and no mark) I wanna try it again and suddenly the mark appears und the skill is on long cool down.

Pitfall is just the same.are the buggy or am i just stupid.

though outside of a match they seem so run most of the time perfectly

Did you click 2nd time before the 3s arm time came? Or did you click 1 time, and wait until after the arm time? no symbol etched into ground after 3s?