More flying mounts with EoD?

On 9/13/2021 at 5:10 PM, Zuldari.3940 said:

I want a spider mount that can climb straight up walls and walk upside down on ceilings, and its mount special would  be web shot..your mount shoots a web that pulls all enemies to it, encasing them in sticky webs restricting movement.

I've thought about how cool a spider mount would be before too! Also, maybe use your web to make ladders or bridges or catch people that fall or even lower a web string so people can climb up it to get to higher places (helpful for jps, for those that can't do them, helpful for people without mounts). And hey, I know we have the bouncing mushrooms, but how about custom web jump pads you can place for others so they can bounce up to higher places.

• Like 1

There is no need for another flying mount.

What role would it fulfil?

Unlimited infinite flying like in WoW or FF14?

I don't think GW2 needs that.

Arenanet would need to add thousands of additional invisible walls to make such a mount work,

and that's not worth the effort and development time that could be spend on other things.

20 hours ago, NovaleePhoenix.1259 said:

I've thought about how cool a spider mount would be before too! Also, maybe use your web to make ladders or bridges or catch people that fall or even lower a web string so people can climb up it to get to higher places (helpful for jps, for those that can't do them, helpful for people without mounts). And hey, I know we have the bouncing mushrooms, but how about custom web jump pads you can place for others so they can bounce up to higher places.

If I remember correctly, a spider mount was planned for PoF, but ultimately scrapped due to too many people suffering from arachnophobia.

Edited by Fueki.4753