Frequent disconnects [7:11:3:202:101]

Shroud.2307

Computer information

Spoiler

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz   2.81 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition    Windows 10 Home
Version    20H2
OS build    19042.1237
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

For the past 7 MONTHS I have been experiencing disconnects ranging from every 10 minutes to every 2 hours. Most times it's roughly 1 hour, but sometimes it will happen as frequently as every 5 minutes.

If there is any information I can provide to help in resolving this issue, please just ask and I will tell you what I can. I do not know what information to share or what's important, so I'll begin with listing things I've done/tried.

Fix attempts and queries

* Multiple threads created on r/techsupport
* Multiple threads created here
* Contacting in game support - they pretty much literally said "I dunno"
* -repairing game client  
* Powering off router for ~1minute  
* Factory resetting router  
* Contacting ISP - they "updated" router  
* Having entire router replaced - suspected defective, no cost  
* Changing DNS  
* Flushing DNS  
* Opening TCP port    
* Clean uninstall and reinstall of game    
* Adjusting Firewall settings  
* Disabling Firewall  
* Trying multiple different VPN's and manually setting routes - subscription cost total; 40$  
* Connecting computer directly via Ethernet  
* Having a store replace my Network Card - suspected it was broken, cost 200$  
* Manually disabling programs in "Services"  
* Reinstalling Windows  
* Factory resetting entire computer - followed by reinstallation of desired programs  

What kind of modem do you have and how many coax cables does it run through to connect to the outside box? A little over a month ago I used my modem's web page at 192.168.100.1 to find an upstream power issue (where the dBmv values were over 50 instead of the expected range 40-48; this meant the modem was having to output more power--and subsequently run hotter and eventually reboot itself due to overheating--just to push the upstream signals through to the ISP).

This looked like packet loss when viewed in pingplotter, however the data was misinterpreted as an outside issue with AWS. In reality, AWS was not receiving a consistent amount of packets sent to the server before timing out.

The culprit of high ping and resulting disconnects was a low-quality coax cable coupled to a second coax cable that finally got to a splitter, which then connected to the nearby utility pole. After moving my modem to a more direct connection (one good quality coax cable -> splitter -> utility pole), the problem went away.

Edited by Orimidu.9604