SMS Registration - Is there a way to disable the "ad" in the login window?

elin.2407

I have been playing this game for a long time now. There was a time where I used the SMS 2FA, but after a while it got too annoying to use so I disabled it. But now, every so often when I log in, I get the same message "Sign up now and get this Mini". I have the Mini already and I do not want to sign up. It just is another step added to get into the game. Not a gamebreaker of course, just a slight inconvenience, but it kind of annoys me every time.

Is there a way to permanently disable this that I simply have not found? If not, I feel like Anet should give users the option to just opt out.

• Like 2

SMS or an authenticator is required to stop the message. It's intended to annoy you, so there will never be a simple option to disable it. That said, it is possible to prevent it, but it requires deleting a file when staring GW2, in a location that changes with every patch.

Note email authentication is required when the other 2FA options aren't used. Using an authenticator is the only option where you generate the code yourself, making it the fastest and most reliable option. If you'd rather prevent it, use Gw2Launcher, but it'll also make using an authenticator the simplest option by far.