Are names on beta characters bugged?

So, I liked a name I came up with for one of my beta characters enough that I wanted to use it for one of my permanent characters.  It's an unusual name - two names, both in another language - but now that the beta is over, a name change contract keeps saying the name is unavailable.  It's conceivably possible that someone either came up with the name after the beta ended and grabbed it, or saw my name, liked it, and grabbed it, but it's weird enough I figured I'd check here to see if this was a known bug with beta characters, and how long it might take to get released, before I wasted a name change contract on a variation.   Thanks!

45 minutes ago, Lyssia.4637 said:

So, I liked a name I came up with for one of my beta characters enough that I wanted to use it for one of my permanent characters.  It's an unusual name - two names, both in another language - but now that the beta is over, a name change contract keeps saying the name is unavailable.  It's conceivably possible that someone either came up with the name after the beta ended and grabbed it, or saw my name, liked it, and grabbed it, but it's weird enough I figured I'd check here to see if this was a known bug with beta characters, and how long it might take to get released, before I wasted a name change contract on a variation.   Thanks!

As far as I remember from previous betas, the chars may not be deleted instantly after the beta ends, it may take some time (don't know how long, as I have never needed one of my beta-names).

You can enter the name in your friendlist, then you should see, if it's taken by someone else.

44 minutes ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

As far as I remember from previous betas, the chars may not be deleted instantly after the beta ends, it may take some time (don't know how long, as I have never needed one of my beta-names).

You can enter the name in your friendlist, then you should see, if it's taken by someone else.

Oh, that's a great idea, thank you!  I know on gw2efficency, it's still listed on my account.  Anyone know how long it takes for the old data to clear?