I'm a bit fresh in GW2 (3-months) but it has already granted me a skill that impresses people at work.

I love things like this. I know GW2 has given me a much better vocabulary for colour names (which is odd considering I studied art to A-level, but terminology wasn't really covered) and I once impressed an archery instructor by correctly recognising a recurve bow and knowing why it had the extra curves, which I learned from GW1. (I also knew about 'self' bows and composite bows because I'd read a book about them in an Elder Scrolls game.) He was less impressed with my archery, but I did warn him I'd be terrible before we started.

My best 'sneaking video game knowledge into work' moment wasn't Guild Wars related, it was a Zelda reference. Someone in a meeting was talking about "feeling the fear and doing it anyway" and said there must be a word for it, so I said it's called courage. Then we moved on to how what we can offer them is "not just knowledge and information but an understanding of how to apply it" so I suggested wisdom as a name for that one and then ran with it and proposed "we can also put them in touch with people who have the power to make it happen". At that point I got called out on the reference, but they left it on the board. 😁

• Like 1