Being that its music week... Music Festival idea.

Avenrise.3592

A post on Reddit inspired me have a think about what new Festival I'd like to bring to GW2 and
for me I think I'd love to see a Music Festival make its way to the game. Bands from all around
Tyria converge on Lions Arch for one massive yearly celebration of music. Multiple stages
showcasing different styles of music with mini game events inspired by those of the Metal
Legion event in Grothmar Valley.

Metal Legion doing their thing with some classic and new tracks, a Sylvari group/singers with
more mellow tracks (another Fear Not This Night version maybe? Please?), an Asuran... techno
rave?, Norn bashing the dragon once more and maybe the Zepherite choir adding their amazing
voices to the festivities? These are just off the top of my head, I'd just love to hear some
more original tracks or old tracks re-done/remixed and maybe some more... unusual groups. I
wonder what a Skritt band would sound like?

Different sections within LA could be devoted to the type of culture represented by the
bands/groups. Within these areas would be merchandise (skins) and new food items that you can
buy with tokens won by participating in events. Merch would vary in looks, inspired by the
race/culture/group associated with it so there could be many different styles to collect/choose
from. There could also be various mini games in these areas to win tokens.

In between shows stages can be left empty for the game's very talented players to play pre-
arranged gigs (or just have a spare stage). Here I'd love to see the ability for leaders of
these music groups to have a unique instance to play in but might be asking for too much at
this point!

Lastly Moto and Tixx have joined forces to create a simulation designed to blow the senses off
any group willing to participate. A Strike centred on exploring the creativity of music... an
audio-visual masterpiece that's equal parts mesmerising and challenging. Fight your way through
various music themed landscapes one after another and take part in puzzles/mini games in order
to face the final boss... a creative block. No idea what that would look like, my imagination
only goes so far.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

That sounds amazing.  Sadly, the devs said making the Metal Legion concert was such a big deal that they just won't have the resources to add more Metal Legion, let alone the rest of what you describe.  I don't have an exact link or time stamp for you but it was in or around the Guild Chat where they did a deep dive into the concert.

• Like 1