where are the funky tonics at Anet?!

as the title says, why are there no funky tonics in this expansion?

one of my favourite things that came from the expansions was the plethora of tonics scattered throughout the world for us to find, either from renown hearts or super rare drops from mobs.

Heart of Thorns gave us many endless tonics, everything from mushrooms to giant nuhoch, to mordrem monsters!

then came Path of Fire which followed suite allowing us to transform into all sorts of fun things! from Branded monsters to desert creatures, and even dancing choya! 🤣

(sitting in ponds/rivers and surprising new players as a giant landshark has been one of my favourite recent things to do 😜)

so with the launch of EoD i was eagerly awaiting a whole new batch of funky tonics!

i thought for sure there would be a tengu combat tonic,

since tengu was confirmed to not be getting added as a race, i figured a tengu combat tonic was almost certainly gonna make an appearance!

then i also had my hopes up for a jade mech tonic for my golemancer, or a Warden tonic so we can play as a big tree dude!

and a tiiiny part of me was holding on to hope for a kuunevang tonic like my ele had in GW1, where i was able to play the game as a dragon!

but it seems the only tonics that came with the expansion turn you into a few normal looking characters or a human with a shadowy aura. 🙄

i'm hoping Anet will up their novelty game in future living world episodes! because currently EoD is really missing the mark for them!

was anyone else hoping for some fun tonics? if so, what were you wanting? 🙂

• Like 2