Energy Meld as an upkeep?

Artorias.8271

I know it's maybe to early to talk about balance and spec changes but since first beta event I've played Vindicator I got the impression Energy Meld is just a spam button whenever you complete a dodge to refill the bar quicker. However, somtimes I wanted more energy or less in more dynamic scenarios. Upkeep should allow more flexible aproach and considering Legendary alliance doesn't have a proper upkeep in offensive mode it should fill the spot.

From the mechanic perspective I think developers wanted to give a choice of do we want to dodge more and have less energy, or dodge less and use more skills any time at our disposal.

Here's my suggestion of a rework:

Enerdy Meld - (5 energy cost, 8 e/s upkeep ) - gain 10 endurance every 1 second

The numbers are random I just wanted to give an outline : )

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think that energy upkeep would be a bit passive compared to the active play you get with the current skill's on-demand use. Timing it is at least a little interesting. That said, Energy Meld is a frustratingly boring F utility, especially when compared to Facet of Nature and the Renegade orders. It only gives endurance, and you only need it because of the hit you take to endurance by choosing Vindicator in the first place. I welcome a rework.

Energy upkeep would be really great to see on Spear of Archemorus. That would make it mirror Urn of Saint Viktor better. Right now the Spear is very boring mechanically, with only a little strategy-play around the timing of your spikes with it. 

Energy Meld should give a 2 second block/distortion like effect and apply 5 target vigor+quickness/alacrity. It should have no cast time.

It's hideously awful at the moment with a 1/2 sec cast time, half a dodge refund, 10 energy cost, and 20 sec cd.

Vindicator will need some other manner of avoiding damage since the DPS spec requires you to use the dodge for a DPS gain.

• Like 1