Struggling to Find Community

Hey all! 

My name's Esmi Eventide, Tempest, on the Dragonbrand server. 

I've recently been trying to sink my teeth in to Guild Wars, and have really been struggling to get a foothold. I entered the game on a recommendation from my partner, and have really, REALLY enjoyed the experience. Though, I come from a more competitive background -- higher end raiding in other MMO's, respectively -- and have been trying to grapple with just how to get involved with the endgame, in respect to enjoying that grittier, instanced content with a group of people whom I enjoy. 

Guild advertisements don't seem as abundant as I'm accustom to, and there seems to be something vaguely inaccessible (though that's probably an issue of familiarity on my part) about accessing those communities, outside of the mega-guilds I've seen this far. 

I suppose I'm looking for a cozier, more tightly knit experience than that, and I'm not sure where to start. 😅

Anyhow. 

Any help would be awesome! Or if you're recruiting on Dragonbrand, and you feel so compelled to reach out, even awesome-er. 😎

Best, 

- Esmi Eventide 

Hi I'm Xana. So I'm a founder of a smaller size guild (36 at the moment). I have no plans on making it a large mega one but with just enough people to do some activities with. It's casual and we don't have any strict requirements except LGBTQ+ friendly and a zero intolerance policy. We have a discord server and some pretty fun people so far. That said, we are looking for more casual raiders to bring with us. I'll leave a link to the guild post at the bottom if you wish to check it out. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Oh my gosh! Hello!
I have a guild and we have a bunch of us on discord all the time and we are trying to build up the community again so we can do lots of things together. But I don't want to ramble your ears off because I kind of just keep typing and typing.

So I made a website page to at least give videos and pictures of what it is like to hang out with us because our top priority is having fun and making friends!
Link

Greetings Esmi!

Perhaps you might like my little home. We're called The Gryphons Aerie and we’re a very small, 18+, casual/semi-casual, social and close-knit, PvE family on Tarnished Coast. As long as you're on a NA-based server, you'll be able to tag along with us in our adventures; we don't do any serious participation in WvsW. Our current peak time tends to be in the mid-late evening EST (UTC-5), starting around reset, but we would love to have others from a variety of other time zones as well to keep the adventures going. We try to have a mix of scheduled events and random things during the week according to what folks want to do. We also love helping both new and returning players get back on their feet.

We’re willing to help out with any and all questions as best as we can, whether it's dungeons/Fractals, builds, and other general game questions. All you need to do is ask.

We also don’t do the “speed runs”, exploits, etc, nor require anyone to bring a specific class or build for any dungeon run. Bring whatever you want and we'll have fun regardless. We gladly teach any content we're doing and take as much time as necessary so that everyone understands when we explain what's going on during the adventure.

We know that RL comes first and stress that fact.
We’ll still be there even if you can’t for a bit of time. Just leave a little note to let us know you'll be away, and all is well

We do not demand 100% representation.
It’s not our business to tell you who you can and cannot associate with; that choice is yours alone.

We are focused on providing a place where people can feel comfortable and as though they are more than just a name on the roster. We want everyone to feel like family.
We are very LGBTQ+ affirmative and do not tolerate any sort of derogatory words, comments, bigotry etc. toward anyone regardless of nationality, race, religious beliefs, gender identity or sexuality. Anyone violating that policy is subject to immediate removal, no questions asked. We also do our best to accommodate everyone's varying needs whether they have a mental or physical disorder/illness going on.

"Ok, you guys sound cool so far. What do I have to do to join?"
For more information, and to take the next step in joining us, please visit our Recruitment Listing and Guild Website.

In order to maintain our "quality vs. quantity" aspect and help build the family-like atmosphere of the guild, we do require an application to be submitted on our forums. This application asks only for basic information to help us try to organize things to fit around everyone's schedules and needs and takes just a few minutes.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to drop me a note here or contact either myself, sonofall.6757, BoopSanders.6025, or Miggsy.9431 in game and we'll do our best to answer them.