Input and Constructive Criticism on (WvW/PvP) Condi Shatter Mirage

Felix Pantherae.1425

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAYt/lRwgYSMMmJWsP/vKA-e

Above is the build i'm currently running on my Mirage. I primarily use it for roaming/small scale in WvW. I was wondering if people would be willing to give me some CONSTRUCTIVE input/criticism on the build as well as what should be changed. (I didn't bother putting in equipment, because I am mostly looking for feedback on utility skills and my traits, but for the record I am currently running all Dire gear, with cleanse + energy sigils, and undead runes, along with using magnanimous tuning crystal and bowls of orrian truffle soup). 

I feel like something is missing, but i can't pin point it.... for instance, is it redundant to run both Self Deception and Deceptive evasion? Should I be running the Illusions traitline for more shatter+condi pressure?

Edited by Felix Pantherae.1425

First off blink is a must, sand through glass is garbo.

Second since the arcane thievery nerf, unless you are dueling you would want to pick signet of midnight over that. Signet of midnight gives a unblockable blind stunbreak and stealth. Its too good to pass up.

Then in terms of traits, renewing oasis is too strong not to pick and depending on ur gears mirage mantle might be better then desert distortion.

Lastly evasive mirror is def the better of the 3 choices, blinding dissipation got nerfed too many times for it to be useful.

As a mirage you never want to actively shatter unless u have to, mirage playstyle u want to capitalize having ur clones up compared to the other mesmer specs.

Sigils is always double energy double cleanse.

This is strictly a WvW roaming build, in terms of small man skirmish/mini zerg GS is always the preferred choice, but i mean at that point either go chrono or something else.

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

As a mirage you never want to actively shatter unless u have to, mirage playstyle u want to capitalize having ur clones up compared to the other mesmer specs.

See that I guess is the part I'm struggling with most i think.... I get that for condi pressure and also taking advantage of ambush skills (with all clones having mirage mirror and casting ambush skill), you want clones up as much as possible. But at the same time, there are minor traits, in the MIRAGE traitline, that encourage shattering to give vigor, which in turn increases both condi damage and also how often u can use ambush skill (thereby also helping to increase pressure)....

And then if shattering is something I should do less of, should I not be traiting Bountiful Disillusionment?

17 minutes ago, Felix Pantherae.1425 said:

See that I guess is the part I'm struggling with most i think.... I get that for condi pressure and also taking advantage of ambush skills (with all clones having mirage mirror and casting ambush skill), you want clones up as much as possible. But at the same time, there are minor traits, in the MIRAGE traitline, that encourage shattering to give vigor, which in turn increases both condi damage and also how often u can use ambush skill (thereby also helping to increase pressure)....

And then if shattering is something I should do less of, should I not be traiting Bountiful Disillusionment?

Thing is you only shatter when

1: you can have clones up again at your disposal so you arent overriding your clones.

2: you can burst them down

3: distort for survival

4: interrupt their heal when they r about to die

In terms of Chaos traitline, Bountiful Disillusionment is the only way you can access stab, other then that if you are going condi tanky type of gameplay PU would also be a better choice.

Bountiful disillusionment is good for power Mirage less so with condi.

Condi you want your clones up as much as possible, power you want your clones up yes but your shatters give you that burst that condi's cant. 

Edited by Salt Mode.3780