Whats the deal with aristocracy runes with ritualist stats?

mov.1246

According snow crows builds alac mechanist uses full ritualist stats and aristocracy runes.

Source: https://snowcrows.com/builds/engineer/mechanist/condition-alacrity-mechanist

Could someone explain me why using this runes? Usually in raid or strike squads you run one healer in every subgroup, and this healer could maintain 25 might for this sub, so i dont understand why using aristocracy runes? Wouldnt be better to use elementalist runes and sigil of geomancy instead sigil of malice?

A typical comp for a subgroup could be:

alac mech + quick dps + druid + 2 dps

or

alac mech + hfb + 3 dps

in both cases you dont need to boost might uptime, because the healer will maintain might.

Do i miss something or why are this runes are used?

I have wondered the same thing and I think the idea is more about Meta comps rather than PUG/easier comps that most of us will play.  hMech is likely to become a top choice for a lot of places, and a lot of places don't need 2 healers, especially with base Engi having so much raw healing.  So, what does the second healer-less group look like?  qHarb or qFB, and 3 DPS + Alac.  Someone needs to be giving Might, and that's something aMirage and aMech will be able to do.

Personally I'm a little torn.  I'm liking the idea of Elementalist runes for the 10% condi duration, then take Malice Sigil still and PPD.  Be the Condi group's favorite Alac source. Could also have a second pistol with Concentration Sigil and not take PPD for a build that doesn't require 48s Toxic Maintenance Oil.

You're more likely to just run heal mech (elixir gun+med kit) as med kit heals more than a firebrand , scrapper, and obviously more than harbinger, catalyst, or StM chrono. Condi alac mech is a 4 kit build ; power alac mech (one kit) underperforms power alac ren and doesn't have as much CC.

The aristocracy runes just happen to be the only might duration condition runes and unlike power alac mechanist it doesn't lose as much relative to going with strength runes vs scholar runes (15% crit from ferocity and +5% modifier).

Mech is actually best paired with chrono and scrapper since those do not provide fury nor much if at any might.

Edited by Infusion.7149

On 3/20/2022 at 6:37 AM, Infusion.7149 said:

You're more likely to just run heal mech (elixir gun+med kit) as med kit heals more than a firebrand , scrapper, and obviously more than harbinger, catalyst, or StM chrono. Condi alac mech is a 4 kit build ; power alac mech (one kit) underperforms power alac ren and doesn't have as much CC.

Heal scrapper heals more than Heal mech believe it or not. Gaining access to Bandage Self from Medkit is actually bonkers healing with medical dispersion field.

5 hours ago, Pokedranzer.4856 said:

Heal scrapper heals more than Heal mech believe it or not. Gaining access to Bandage Self from Medkit is actually bonkers healing with medical dispersion field.

I doubt it if both have quickness for med kit. You're talking about one toolbelt skill difference (that makes 3K every 13s or so) when Barrier Signet (~4K every 20s or so) and Barrier Engine (786 every 3 seconds) makes up for it if both have quickness.