Ranger pet swims in the water while traveling with skiff

I don't think that this issue is intended so I am posting it in the bug forum.

When travelling on a skiff with a ranger th ranger's animal companion swims below the  skiff - at least for me. Not the unterwater pet, but the on land pet. It doesn't matter whetther the pet is stowed in advanced or a soulbeast merges with the pet in advance, the pet reappears when the ranger starts to travel with the skiff and swims in the water underneath the skiff. There it can get engaged in combat with underwater enemies, which can be quite annoying because there is no way to disengage the pet from combat, since stowing it or merging with it doesn't work.

Also I feel like very bad making my pet swim while I travel on a boat 😅

Edited by aikatara.3462
  • Like 2

• aikatara.3462 changed the title to Ranger pet swims in the water while traveling with skiff
  • 1 month later...

Honestly? It's the reason I'm using my ranger for fishing. The pet is currenlty the only way to get rid of mobs attacking your skiff without jumping in the water.

Pets spawned by armor runes show the same behavior. So add a golemancer rune and you have two pets getting rid of pests beneath your skiff.

Sadly this only works while seated, so you have to wait for your pets to finish up before fishing.

Edited by BunjiKugashira.9754

1 hour ago, BunjiKugashira.9754 said:

Honestly? It's the reason I'm using my ranger for fishing. The pet is currenlty the only way to get rid of mobs attacking your skiff without jumping in the water.

Pets spawned by armor runes show the same behavior. So add a golemancer rune and you have two pets getting rid of pests beneath your skiff.

Sadly this only works while seated, so you have to wait for your pets to finish up before fishing.

Yes, maybe. But mostly if the pet is stowed no mobs will be attracted, so you can peacefully fishing. And it is more quicker to kill mobs by yourself with pet.

3 minutes ago, Bubbaczek.7918 said:

Yes, maybe. But mostly if the pet is stowed no mobs will be attracted, so you can peacefully fishing. And it is more quicker to kill mobs by yourself with pet.

If that was the case, the mobs would be attacking the pet, but they're always attacking the skiff first. Only when the pet starts engaging them, do they change targets. Also I've had numerous mobs attack my other characters' skiffs. I don't see any difference in the frequency of getting attacked between having a pet outside or not.

An yes, killing the mob myself would be quicker, but then I'd have to enter the skiff and anchor again, or try to get back on the skiff using the skimmer. I'm still waiting for a skiff skin with a ramp, so you can easily climb back in.

1 hour ago, BunjiKugashira.9754 said:

If that was the case, the mobs would be attacking the pet, but they're always attacking the skiff first. Only when the pet starts engaging them, do they change targets. Also I've had numerous mobs attack my other characters' skiffs. I don't see any difference in the frequency of getting attacked between having a pet outside or not.

An yes, killing the mob myself would be quicker, but then I'd have to enter the skiff and anchor again, or try to get back on the skiff using the skimmer. I'm still waiting for a skiff skin with a ramp, so you can easily climb back in.

My experience is: Mobs start attacking the pet, then I anchor the skiff, mobs starts attacing the skiff becouse my pet gets stowed, so I need to kill them (jump off the skiff), after I kill the mobs i can get back on the skiff (via F key).

Nevertheless, not stowed pet while we are on skiff is kind of bug. Same as it pet is not stowed when i got mounted raptor on the skiff 🙂