So untamed kinda feels as glassy as soulbeast but without the damage

anduriell.6280

EDITED: I speak only for PvP

I was main soulbeast for years and I think the Untamed outperforms the soubeast. I am using LB and GS.

1. A soulbeast has a burst every 60 with One Wolf Pack and 30 with Sic em. An untamed has sustained damage every 15 secs and teleport to chase/finish your enemy. 
  2.  Soulbeast needs to activate many utility skills to be effective with a burst. You lose the burst If the enemy blocks, get invulnerability, dodge, etc. 
  3. Untamed has more survivability, because it can block projectiles, get 15% more defense on pet unleashed, more vitality. A soulbeast cannot step into a team fight without risking being targeted. Soulbeasts mostly uses berserker an scholar.
  4. Untamed can chase enemies even behind walls. Fighting as a Soulbeast, enemies can just hide behind a wall making you to waste your burst. Line of sight is one of the best methods to avoid the Sic Em combo.

I think the play-style is just different. Soulbeast DPS is like a thief waiting for the right moment to kill. On the other hand, Untamed can be played like a Rev. You can wear down your opponents with constant damage and then activate your melee combo (teleport + pet swap +F skill + GS2 + GS5 + unleash pet  + F2 + F1  + Unleash ranger + GS1).

Edited by Lothorien.8720
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lothorien.8720 said:

I was main soulbeast for years and I think the Untamed outperforms the soubeast as a DPS roamer. I am using LB and GS.

1. A soulbeast has a burst every 60 with One Wolf Pack and 30 with Sic em. An untamed has sustained damage every 15 secs and teleport to chase/finish your enemy. 
  2.  Soulbeast needs to activate many utility skills to be effective with a burst. You lose the burst If the enemy blocks, get invulnerability, dodge, etc. 
  3. Untamed has more survivability, because it can block projectiles, get 15% more defense on pet unleashed, more vitality. A soulbeast cannot step into a team fight without risking being targeted. Soulbeasts mostly uses berserker an scholar.
  4. Untamed can chase enemies even behind walls. Fighting as a Soulbeast, enemies can just hide behind a wall making you to waste your burst. Line of sight is one of the best methods to avoid the Sic Em combo.

I think the play-style is just different. Soulbeast DPS is like a thief waiting for the right moment to kill. On the other hand, Untamed can be played like a Rev. You can wear down your opponents with constant damage and then activate your melee combo (teleport + pet swap +F skill + GS2 + GS5 + unleash pet  + F2 + F1  + Unleash ranger + GS1).

This applies only to pvp with blink burst spikes. damage wise slb offers way more even without sic'em. Slb has a ton of mods and enables all the bm mods.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

This applies only to pvp with blink burst spikes. damage wise slb offers way more even without sic'em. Slb has a ton of mods and enables all the bm mods.

@Lothorien.8720  I agree with @Nephalem.8921. In sPVP, Untamed is good and surpasses Soulbeast. But in Roaming, the things are a little bit different. I think in WvW, Soulbeast is still better because he has more tools to disengage. More tools to cleanse condi. And all of these because Soulbeast atm has more diverse builds which work in WvW. Untamed, even in sPVP has only one build that worked properly. Maybe after they will buff/fix the Hammer, Untamed will have more versatile builds, and who knows, perhaps he will be asked in front-line raids too.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

@Lothorien.8720  I agree with @Nephalem.8921. In sPVP, Untamed is good and surpasses Soulbeast. But in Roaming, the things are a little bit different. I think in WvW, Soulbeast is still better because he has more tools to disengage. More tools to cleanse condi. And all of these because Soulbeast atm has more diverse builds which work in WvW. Untamed, even in sPVP has only one build that worked properly. Maybe after they will buff/fix the Hammer, Untamed will have more versatile builds, and who knows, perhaps he will be asked in front-line raids too.

You are right, by mistake I wrote "roamer" on my post. But you both are correct on what it relates to WvW.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1