Not-So-Peaceful Shrine has a time problem

The achievement Not-So-Peaceful Shrine requires players to defeat the 4 different champions that spawn from Hanuku Shrine in the Dragon's End map.  After having spent an entire day trying to get this achievement, I've discovered that there is a mechanical problem that prevents most maps from ever completing it.  There's three observations to note here:

1. The Shrine Event will not begin within 20 minutes of the Battle of the Jade Sea starting.  Not sure why, but it simply won't.
  2. The Shrine Event will not begin during the Battle of the Jade Sea.  This event on a non-completed map will last about 40 minutes
  3. The champions always spawn in sequence (Bristleback, Destroyer, Unicorn, Vine Monster)

The first two notes means that for every two hour interval, only one hour of that time will actually start the event.  The problem here is this: within that hour the shrine event will only start 3 times, spawning the first 3 bosses before resetting completely due to the Jade Sea meta.  Because of this, the only way to acquire this achievement is to bumble into a freshly created map near the starting time of big meta, and then stay there.  This also poses a problem, because these fresh maps tend to be temporary shards that will close soon after the meta on the other maps finish.  This makes getting players to stay and wait at the shrine to beat the champions far more difficult.

This is... a pretty big oversight in the design of this event and it's related achievements.

Edited by Blood Red Arachnid.2493
spelchecking
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...

The order is random unless it recently changed. I think its far worse to run by an event dozens of times in a row to never get the last one.

This is an open world achievement in DE that requires you do a group event to kill a creature (4 different possibilities). I think the OP thinks there is an order, when the spawn type is random.

• 1 month later...

I´ve discovered, that 2 events are taking place on the shrine:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_the_Void_champion after defend the speakers outpost. It has 3 different champions, none counts to this achievement.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_the_summoned_creature_before_it_can_escape The important event. It is started by this 2 NPCs "Speaker Yuma Silverpinion" and "Speaker Eunjoo" . They go through the shrine and call for help, but they get 1 of the 4 champions. The NPCs are waiting in the speaker outpost and don´t need to get started by a player