Specialization Collections bug - first item not added (Prima Donna)

Hi everyone! I've experienced a weird bug: when I started to train Virtuoso elite spec I have as always received a corresponding weapon, in my case - Virtuoso's Dagger. But it haven't been added to the Prima Donna spec collection. Although I've acquired half of this collection already - the first item is missing and there is no way to add it.

Tech support mailed me another Virtuoso's Dagger, I've even equipped it, but it didn't help. After that they said they cannot do anything and that I should report the bug via in-game menu and "keep an eye on the official forums for any future updates". Honestly it sounded to me like "Abandon all hope, he who enters there!".

But here I am two month after that. Maybe someone have already experienced this kind of bug and got it resolved, or not resolved? Please, suggest, should I wait for The Fix, or abandon this collection for good and start crafting instead?

2 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

When bugs affect a small number of players, it is probably best to seek other avenues of completion.  It could be years, if ever, for the 'bug fix'. 

Ok, thanks for the bitter truth)

I have the same Problem, postet it some time ago and also had no luck with support. 

Out of Interest, do you own only the End of Dragons Expansion or also Path of Fire / Heart of Thorns. I have lots of little things that don't work properly on this EoD only Account.

13 hours ago, minusOmega.3167 said:

I have the same Problem, postet it some time ago and also had no luck with support. 

Out of Interest, do you own only the End of Dragons Expansion or also Path of Fire / Heart of Thorns. I have lots of little things that don't work properly on this EoD only Account.

Well, let's hold on)

I have all 3 expansions, but Virtuoso wat the first elite spec I trained on this character. And I did it out of EoD maps, maybe that's the reason...

Interesting. I definitely was in a EoD map as I can only get Hero Points there but it was naturally the first elite spec I unlocked as its the only option for me. Unlocking the elite spec on other classes also does nothing, i.e. so far I could not unlock any of those collections. So far I thought it might have something todo with me only having EoD but you having all expansions does not support this theory... still just FYI, not being able to unlock and therefor finish the collections also means that you cannot buy Ritualist/Dragon trinkets from the strike mission vendor, which is realy anoying.

• Sad 2

On 6/8/2022 at 1:35 PM, minusOmega.3167 said:

Unlocking the elite spec on other classes also does nothing, i.e. so far I could not unlock any of those collections. 

This is really sad (

I've unlocked a Specter spec on my thief and the Specter's Scepter was added to the collection without a problem.

21 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Were you riding in a turtle as a passenger when you got the dagger? or possibly sitting at a tea table ...

Nope, I was in the Elon Riverland peacefully bashing mobs ))

7 hours ago, weiss.5416 said:

Recent Reddit post about similar problem. Registered there to reply but it seems that the comments of new users are hidden by default (

This may be the same poster:  https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/116218-specialiation-collection-and-precursor-collection-not-unlocking-please-help/?tab=comments#comment-1679743