Dungeon change is like moving a pile of rocks from one spot to another

For the you only do it once posters check the changes before typing. was about to complete frostfang went to buy Gift of the sanctuary now find i have to run explorable mode 5 times to purchase. My game time if extremely irregular i dislike dungeons because i can at any moment have to bail and i feel that is unfair on the others who invite a dungeon noob to join. Yes i can "buy it of the trading post" but there isnt much point in playing if the game is just throw the card at the gem shop.

There was a path for the non dungeon runners to follow, that has been taken away and if it is just as you are completing a project it seems well it just sux to be you.

Saying  others dont like grinding wvw for the axe is a reason to fix that for you not a reason to say ha ha suffer to the people who do not like the change

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

So after the bug fix today, I checked the vendor (had not checked previously, was afraid I'd bug my toon based on reports) and from what I checked, I have full access for all but one, which both does and doesn't make sense.

Most of them, I've done story mode in the past, if not an explorable too. Honor of Waves, as far as I can tell from memory and achievements and other such things, I have not completed Honor of Waves in any mode or ever completed its reward track. I tried to solo it once in story mode and was ill prepared for the last boss, but never completed it. For that one, I have access to exotics and no access to rares lol (???). In a way, this is to my benefit, so why say anything, eh. I can currently buy exotics from there without ever having done it. BUT... it also means either something is still buggy or it's actually worse than I thought and this system is more confusing than the one before, not just different. I never had problems working out that the individual currencies were for the dungeons they came from. This vendor lock is mystifying to me and I have no idea what is bug and what is not.

If a new player asked me what the requirements are, I honestly would not be able to tell them. I can't go by what the vendor claims or patch notes claim because that doesn't appear to be accurate. What I would probably end up telling the new player is that it may be buggy and inconsistent, and that Anet broke something that worked fine before. Not out of pettiness to Anet, but just to be honest about what I know. Great first impression, I'm sure the kind of thing Anet wants people saying to new players.

Just remove the lock, Anet, c'mon. I'm pretty sure I get the spirit of why it's there, but it's losing you time and resources getting it to work properly and it's clear as mud. 😬 Instead, introduce an extra positive incentive for doing different dungeons and paths, like some have suggested a rotating daily thing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1