Is consultation between Anet and the player base a thing of the past?

11 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Can't see much bad stuff here. At least not with 1 ... and I do not know about 3 much since I am not playing raids and only playing fractals on tier 1 and tier 2.

The exotics though ... are still important for new players. As intermediate step - before they can get the more expensive ascsended stuff. Only for stuff where the exotics are already super expensive (cause of some rare material used for the inscription itself - and not mainly cause of the ascended components) ... exotics might be uninteresting.

Fractals at leas ton the lower tiers - personally I liked them (not doing them at the moment because there is much other content) for the flat money you could get. Them actually creating money for the economy. (From the stuff sold to the vendor - the junk items.) I know they have removed stuff from the high level fractals - challenge motes - but there is a ton of content.

Hard to balance the players. In the end it is between moving the players from one content to the other one. Without the changes ... more people might have done that challenge motes - I guess ... missing at the other content where people might have needed to wait longer to fill up groups. Since the time is limited. The playerbase is stable I guess. And the content is getting more and more.

HoT seems like a well done content - with a lot of people still liking the map. From what I have heard it was much harder back then (got nerfs) - and thte main problem will be the gap in difficulty if people rush straight through the content ... wanting to to stuff in order of release. (Then being surprised that even the open world map mobs are hitting harder a lot in HoT compared to Orr for example.)

Main problem will be if people need certain stuff for achievements - and no one else does need it anymore (while  people with achievements completed will have no other incentive to play that content and help others) ... they might need to think about other regular events (maybe automated) ... to give people an incentive. Not every day maybe. The fractal rush worked since fractals are short.

For the dungeons I can only see this as - maybe - a fixed daily. Currently we have 4 PvE dailies. Sometimes a dungeon. Make it 5 (3 for the 2 gold necessary) ... and make the 5th one always a dungeon where you rotate between them. Or maybe an own daily dungeon category where you could add a tiered achievement. (So people might as well still try the story mode - to get stuff from the achievements.) Question is how the reward should be designed ... to not counteract the other things they wanted to do by changing the reward structures.

Well I wanted to point out how the lack of consideration/communication and what the some parts of the community wanted  played together to not so good results.

1.)This with the exotic gear and the release of the fractals instead of dungeon I have this from a youtube video "The worst things which happened to GW2 top 10 " or something like that. I'm not sure which youtuber it was but what he said is that over night half of the playerbase did not longer login. I think numbers can be taken too seriously but I think it is true that something  happened

The main reason is Gw2 is supposed to not have an item spiral and with the new ascended they didn't kept that promise. The whole dungeon thing was just on top.

2.) HoT wasn't this well received there is a lot of  people who think that but it isn't . GW2 on google trend basically crashed down after HoT release . I  started after this  my friend were always "You want a new game play Gw2!" when I finally joined they were: " HoT ruined Gw2" and they are people who play since the guild wars 1 beta. Main reason for this depressing attitude was yeah you couldn't do anything without a group on none of those maps and this is mostly still so even after the nerf.

3.) I don't know how things from here but the current situation is like an repeat of everything which went wrong before.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1