Skyscale: joyful, food in inventory, waited for reset still cannot feed

Clearly I'm missing something.

Here's where I stand:

Fed treats all at once.

Played with skyscale until joyful.

Then fed first four food.

Then waited two hours but onscreen message said it was still full.

Waited for reset it still says the skyscale is full.

While the message indicated it was joyful I still played with it and washed it.

Still cannot feed due to it being full.

Also, the achievement states it is at 5/13 completed. This occurred after the first feeding. To clarify, the first slot is obtaining the food. That means that somehow 4 other slots of growth happened after the first feeding. In any case even that is only 8 hours time and should still have reset with the server.

Searched google for a while; searched forums for a while. Did not find something directly relating to my problem although there were posts with similar issues.

I think those are all the steps I took.

Can someone help me figure out where I went astray or what I might be misunderstanding?

Thank you.

Edited by Oriens.5630
  • Sad 1

Thanks for the reference.

I went over it and realized I had left out another point of interest. Under the achievement objectives I have been at 5/13 since I first fed the skyscale. The first slot of the achievement is obtaining the food. Still this only represents 8 hours and then waiting for the server reset. It's been much longer than that time limit. And why would it mark me as having completed feeding on 4 previous occasions?

Checking just now the poor creature is joyful, but still cannot be fed.

Having remembered this point, thank you for that, I'm going to add this info to my original post.

Edited by Oriens.5630
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Not really sure what's going on; perhaps, a screenshot (or more) would be helpful. 

First, in order for the the little bugger to ensure maximum embarrassment I was able to feed them earlier today. However, when I returned much later than the 2 hours I was unable to feed them again.

Here's a screenshot hope the link works:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rr8m7P5BjyokXdUi6

• Sad 1

How many pieces of food did you feed your Skyscale today (you can only feed 4 pieces a day)?  Nothing shown in the screenshot of the achievement.  If you have moved from 5/13 to 9/13 (the bar seems to indicate you are at 9/13 and it looks like you only have 4 pieces of food left [which is what is needed to finish the achievement]), you will have to wait until the next day. 

If you are at 6/13, have you tried right-clicking on food and adding to achievement?  If your Skyscale is 'feeling joyful', just means she is of a mood to be fed.  'The nest is a mess' means it should be washed with the nearby bucket.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Raise_your_skyscale_hatchling

I'm not sure where the 2 hours comes in, it's been some time since I did this achievement and I can't find a reference to it. 

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
more info

Okay, I see where my mistake is now. For some reason I read "four times a day" and translated that into every two hours. What I did not see so clearly is that this is a reference to one piece every 2 hours or so.

I'm stuffing the little bugger in one sitting and then wondering why it won't eat anymore.

The more questions I ask (see my previous posts) the less intelligent I feel. Even though I admit in my posts I must be missing something it always turns out to be something fairly simple that I just cannot see for some reason.

Thanks for everyone's help and patience.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1