Need your help in PvP (specter)

koralinaLAIN.3892

Hi friends.

I started playing the thief and I have about 200 matches. I really don't understand how you guys survive...

Now I'm trying specter - this spec is more comfortable for me now. But I'm also need advices on this profession.

Can anyone tell me the basic combos and things to learn how to play? I have build only for power specter, condi is too hard for me (maybe I'm doing it the wrong way)

going to assume you are talking about spvp. 

D/p daredevil Thief is +1er/decaper.  if you are dying it means you are overstaying/overcommitting or you are being punished in 1vx scenarios . you want to save your shadowstep for ports out of combat and to bail. Use shortbow 5 to roam the map. main damage is going to come from shadow shot, auto attack chain, and shortbow 2.  Heartseeker is used 90 percent of the time to re enter stealth. rarely will you ever use this skill for the damage as shadowshot does about the same damage for less cost. 

Spectre is a flex pick. it can support and do damage. it is very much a team fight oriented class. you want to be running around with your duelers and helping them win fights. scepter 3 is going to be your main skill here as it provides barrier to allies which in turn applies rot wallow venom. save your sword/dagger or pistol for ports and picks. Spectre is versatile in the fact that once a team fight starts going in your favor you can start focusing people and pump out damage. Condi is way better than power at the moment. 

steal requires its own section. knowing when to use steal is what make the difference between a good and bad thief. usually you want to save stealth to cancel heals/big skills. Steal though can also come in clutch as it can provide a heal if you are running the deadly arts trait line. 

if you have anything more specific feel free to ask .

Edited by Odin.6487
  • Like 1

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Specter_-_Condition_Scepter

Play Sceptre / Pistol.    Spam 3.    Profit.  ( Sceptre/Dagger is a projectile and can be blocked to easily)

Also you can combo your wells with sword. If you cast a Well and then hammer the 2 on sword while casting it, you will do the 2 before the well lands. You can extend your range with it and guarantee that the well hits.

Go in Shroud when your about to receive Damage or have Condis on you. Shroud 5 gives stabi. Shroud 2 into 4 deals nice damage.

Kite.Kite.Kite.

Thats basicly all you need to know to make it work on a basic level.

Power Specter is also pretty good right now! altho its really difficult. If you want to see it in action check out Sindrener. I played against him and had a few talks. his build looks very nice.

twitch.tv/sindrener    go in the chat and type !build.  The build is CRANKED, but the skillfloor is higher than snoop dogg, so you have people claiming its bad... when in reality its just hard to execute.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1