Signet of Inspiration back to 10men traited

anbujackson.9564

Its actually funny that teapot suggested to bring chaos chrono back (boons on shatter in AoE). And you know what, it still would be worse than firebrand and mech.

But I dont really care about this. The only thing I want to see is SoI back to 10men. Thats all I want. I mean you waste your grandmaster for this. The amount.of chronos were in the gutter before EoD anyway.

The awful boon uptime in squads (PvE) kills my sanity. 

P.S.: I wouldnt mind the old functionality of SoI if 10men is out of question (like copy every boon you have with a max duration of 5 seconds/ 3 stacks for boons like might).

Edited by anbujackson.9564
  • Like 2

In the current environment, they could probably pretty much bring old chrono back in its entirety (except maybe still 5-man). Having quickness and alacrity, but not much other role compression, in one build probably wouldn't be out of the pale these days, and might open up subsquad setups that aren't otherwise practical. The problem with chrono back in the day was that it was the only practical source for those boons and thus remained indispensable however hard they nerfed it. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

In the current environment, they could probably pretty much bring old chrono back in its entirety (except maybe still 5-man). Having quickness and alacrity, but not much other role compression, in one build probably wouldn't be out of the pale these days, and might open up subsquad setups that aren't otherwise practical. The problem with chrono back in the day was that it was the only practical source for those boons and thus remained indispensable however hard they nerfed it. 

Indeed.

The idea is to keep healers like tempest and herald viable. So you can run like your usual firebrand/mech stuff or you can just run a (chaos) chrono with a healer who covers the defensive boons.

In that regard copying boons with SoI would be the way to go. The boons on your shatter arent really necessary then. 

Personally I prefer a chrono plus healer, even if its less damage anyway. Better have a safe comp with good boonuptime so your dps can enjoy playing the game instead of adapting to no quickness/alac situations all the time because people cant press 2 skills off cooldown or have like no boon duration.

Having to use grandmaster trait for signets really is a mood stomper but it "works". Having boon copy would be overpowered and underpowered. Good squads would benefit from this insanely and bad squads would well more less be where they already are. But yeah it bugs me i have to trait grandmaster traitline to get 10 man signets and its usually not worht even though i like to run inspiration signet in PVE for chrono. But the grandmaster traitline is more about the distortion added to signets anyway.

Let me add that the real pain is that more or less any mirage i see had to use a full signets utility to play their class because they ve only 1 dodge and so they go all in on signets and the available distortion spam from that. Mirage really hit the potato bar on this. Idk maybe something could be done about that. (concern in this is that most people seem the only viable build option is to mitigate the lost dodge bar by incorprating no other skill than ones that give distortion and maybe blink.)

Edited by Anekto.8391

It's a different discussion, but I really think Mirage F4 should give only 1s of Distortion, but give Desert Distortion baseline (could even become the new name of the F4). It could probably get the second dodge back if it couldn't theoretically get 7s of distortion and evades just from F4 alone.

Could also change the other shatters to something more mirage-themed. For instance, F3 could have all your clones draw swords and perform the sword ambush before popping. F2 could have them draw axes and do the leap attack of axe skill 2 before popping, while F1 could have them draw swords and do the sword 3 leap animation on their target. Would add to the general "clones do more than just autoattack" theme of mirage, but would have the tradeoff that mirage shatters actually have a casting animation rather than being instant if already adjacent to the target. (But the counter-tradeoff is that if they're not already adjacent, they'll probably get to the target faster).

• Like 3