Canthan Noble Skyscale mounts delay movment

All of the new Canthan skyscale skins cause a delay of several seconds after mounting.  I am frozen in place. When it releases I am somewhere ahead, not really where I want to be by then. Not usable at all this way. Have gone back and forth to other skins with no problems, it only happens on the 3 new ones in the Canthan mount pack

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

I second the complaint.

This is most noticeable when you load into a new map and mount up straight away: you are visually frozen, but in reality (on the server) you can move ahead. Once the server and the client are synchronized, you are being bounced miles ahead.

No such issue with the Shimmerwing.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'm having this issue as well. The first time I mount my skyscale in a new map with any of the Canthan Noble skins equipped, my char is frozen in place acting like they're on a mount, but my skyscale is invisible. After a few seconds (varies from 1 to 10) they teleport wherever I had been trying to move/fly to, my skyscale spawns (with the correct Canthan Noble skin) t-posing for a split second, then is normal. It also happens if I haven't mounted my skyscale in a while or have loaded lots of other graphics recently before mounting.

It's like the game doesn't spawn the skyscale with the temporary default skin while the skin you have equipped loads (as with other skyscale and mount skins), instead it just doesn't spawn the skyscale at all.

It makes me not want to use the skins (though I love them!) because there's such a delay so often when mounting. 😕

Edited by Ravenna.4785
Format
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

yep the new canthan skyscale skins have some insane reverse-rubber-banding. it shows you standing still but in reality it seems to move and after several seconds it snaps into place.

just like the bug with turtle skins, yet another bug that specifically happens with paid for content.....

Please fix this as soon as possible, every new skyscale skin from Cantha acts this way (I may have bought them all XD), and it's  very frustrating. I want to use the new skins, as they are gorgeous, but this obnoxious bug really ruins them for me....

And the t - pose reminds me of the aviator box trolls, which is initially funny (the first time) but quickly just becomes annoying.  

Just did Dragonstorm and I was using the Aurora Blessed Noble skyscale skin. I waited a bit to move or mount up, and when I did mount up I ended up stuck in the ground unable to move. I waited to let it unstick for awhile, then decided to just dismount. But when I dismounted, I ended up falling UNDER the map, stuck in map breaking limbo. Thankfully I was able to waypoint out.

Additionally, after Dragonstorm was done, I went to the mistlock sanctuary and opened the hero panel to change mount skins for the skyscale, and when I clicked on it to change it, it briefly showed the Aurora Blessed Noble in a t-pose.

Edited by NovaleePhoenix.1259
new info on the bug
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if it helps, put I'll +1 this thread. Older skyscale skin, when mounting, gets briefly replaced by the basic skin until it's loaded. The new ones just don't. Any content that requires you to teleport and mount up immediately after isn't doable with the new skins. It's a lottery if, when mounting the skyscale, it will load in under 1 second or in 10 seconds.

• 1 month later...