f1 - f3 auto

Fwog.9387

I am gonna assume people don't know what i am talking about because its not a snowcrows build. 

^ that is my citation for why they should have had it. Its a good build, very high skill ceiling however. That build would have used it. And there is no good argument not to give it to them if mechanist gets it. 

• Like 1

I agree

It was a very nice change to get auto cast on pet abilities in general, but I also think the untamed pet should be allowed to autocast. In some cases it's better to manually cast the abilties for utility, but then we can just disable the autocast again and use them manually. Therefore, I see no harm in giving us the choice whether we want to autocast certain unleashed pet abilities or not, just like mechanist can

As engi main I can confirm that untamed needs the autocast more than mech ever did.

Mechanists are better off using the skills manually, because the skills have utility in form of CC and have fairly long cooldowns. But the untamed cooldowns are de-facto 4-5 seconds at most, and give nothing but damage. There is rarely a good reason to hold off on using these skills with such short cooldowns, and when you spend most of your time just spamming these short CD skills, they may as well be automatic. And that's not even taking into consideration the rotation complexity.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Runechrome.8419 said:

It was a very nice change to get auto cast on pet abilities in general, but I also think the untamed pet should be allowed to autocast. In some cases it's better to manually cast the abilties for utility, but then we can just disable the autocast again and use them manually. Therefore, I see no harm in giving us the choice whether we want to autocast certain unleashed pet abilities or not, just like mechanist can

3 hours ago, Sindust.7059 said:

As engi main I can confirm that untamed needs the autocast more than mech ever did.

I don't think people know that they can still cast their ability while unleashed.

This change opens up a whole new pile of Pets that would otherwise be useless. You can use Iboga for example and then have something like a spider for a poison combo field as second pet. The primary damage source is the unleashed pet abilities but they will autocast their skills while unleashed so amazing DPS utility by swapping between 2 pets.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2022 at 1:13 AM, Mell.4873 said:

I don't think people know that they can still cast their ability while unleashed.

This change opens up a whole new pile of Pets that would otherwise be useless. You can use Iboga for example and then have something like a spider for a poison combo field as second pet. The primary damage source is the unleashed pet abilities but they will autocast their skills while unleashed so amazing DPS utility by swapping between 2 pets.

It's a cool change to not lose out on the natural pet abilities when autocasted while unleashed, no doubt about that! But I think OP's point, if I understood OP correctly, is that we should also be able to autocast the unleashed pet abilities just like the natural pet abilities. Especially as some untamed builds are high APM and mechanist is allowed to autocast their mech. And to that point I agree 🙂

Please allow us to autocast the unleashed pet abilities as well ArenaNet!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Runechrome.8419 said:

It's a cool change to not lose out on the natural pet abilities when autocasted while unleashed, no doubt about that! But I think OP's point, if I understood OP correctly, is that we should also be able to autocast the unleashed pet abilities just like the natural pet abilities. Especially as some untamed builds are high APM and mechanist is allowed to autocast their mech. And to that point I agree 🙂

Please allow us to autocast the unleashed pet abilities as well ArenaNet!

I mean I'm all for since I already have enough buttons to push but I doubt they will.

• Like 1