Bug: Adventure Guide Volume Two--- Selecting Crafting Disciplines

Selecting Crafting Disciplines says "Train in a crafting discipline from a crafting master". Generally, map chat agreed this just meant to "choose your crafting options" for which I chose Artificing and Tailoring. This achievement will not complete despite the requisite being met.

If replication is needed: I made a basic Elementalist, got the Tailoring craft option during the Boss Blitz event recently, and leveled it with Lucent Motes and a few potions. As it had no incremented, I assumed I would need to acquire another one and so I chose Tailoring. I made Jute Scraps and more Lucent Crystals- still no progress check.

I might be misunderstanding it. But I did 1) Choose a crafting discipline and 2) Acquire experience in both choices.

• Like 1

had the same issue, when i went to another (3rd) master and chose it by deactivating one of my previous, i got the achievement. might have paid a few copper, not sure, but since they were low level disciplines it was not much. but that cannot be the chosen route. since seklecting my second discipline did not give the achievement.

Edited by Cykone.1372

29 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

There are no Achievement Points associated with these; just some XP.

There may not be points for the new adventure guide achievements but they don't contribute to the whole guide.

One of them is "Selecting a crafting discipline" or something like that

Linky

There may be no points per se but the achievement doesn't update 😞

Edited by muni.4830
for clarity
  • Like 1

For me, it worked after acquiring two crafting disciplines on the same character e.g. Tailoring & Artificer

I Also trained Tailoring to 10

9 hours ago, StabbersTheThird.6053 said:

I chose Artificing and Tailoring.

...got the Tailoring craft option...

...acquire another one and so I chose Tailoring.

You mentioned picking tailoring twice after claiming to have chosen Artificing & Tailoring, did you actually pick Artificing?

My bad. Early typing before my coffee. Yes. So I had Artificer during boss blitz. I got so many lucent motes and just picked one that seemed relevant to Ele. Either yesterday or the day before I picked Tailoring to get the exp. My apologies. Judging from this thread I'm not the only one. I will try to "re-select" and switch tailor for weaponsmith.

Some people are missing the point. Most veteran players have already 2 if not more disciplines already maxed. What do you tell someone who has trained all disciplines on a single character? Sorry you get no achievement cause we wanted to force you to learn a new one?  Fix the achievement so that it registers that you already have a crafting discipline. Many achievements from this register stuff as completed like the map ones. Just fix it and do not look for excuses for this oversight.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...